× HKMBA Mountain Biking Advocacy 香港越野單車協進會

FlyingB@ll - Are you serious??

5 years 5 days ago #3361 by v-cool
Just called up flyingb@ll for Mavic spare spokes and got a real funny reply. The staff asked about the wheel detail then suggested me to call the distributor directly. I can't believe such a long history local bike shop will provide such a service standard. I understand a spoke isn't cost much and won't beach profitable too but this is your responsibility of being a reseller.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 8 hours ago #3362 by Pk101
If you havent already found the item, pay them a visit. Sure they can sort you out.

Its hard to distinguish over the phone exact specs.

4 years 11 months ago #3363 by brandon
The distributor may refuse to sell them spares, so they can sell the shop a new wheelset. This is what the local distributor for Fox does; refusing to provide spare shock parts to bike shops, insisting any maintenance / rebuilds go through them for an exorbitant fee, after warning customers that it could take over a month. So most customers just say 'screw it, I'll buy a new fork'. Cha-ching.

Mr. Lee is and always has been a reasonable guy. His landlord, not so much. Like Nick said, pay him a visit - I imagine he doesn't want to deal with vague requests over the phone while trying to sell enough bikes to pay the now-doubled rent.

4 years 11 months ago #3364 by YW-Slayer
I was just (digitally) flipping through the latest issue of MBR and in the review of a Canyon bike with Mavic Crossride wheels the reviewer mentioned that a spoke had broken. He then spoke to Canyon and they said that he would have to send the wheel back to Mavic to get it repaired(!!). Of course that's slightly different as Canyon is mail-order, but it does give you some idea of the, uh, attitude some companies may wish to take (for whatever reason).

4 years 11 months ago #3365 by YW-Slayer
I was at Sky Blue for something small and Sean said that he thought that they probably had a spare Mavic spoke. Give them a call and check.

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.400 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.