× HKMBA Mountain Biking Advocacy 香港越野單車協進會

Topic-icon Live in Discovery Bay - how do I get bike to the Trails like Tai Lam etc... Any Riders in DB?

4 years 1 week ago #3470

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Hey

I live in Discovery Bay, Lantau, and am looking to hit the Singletrack / freeride / downhill trails in HK for the first time.

Firstly, any other riders in DB or nearby? Would be good to find some riding partners...

Secondly, where can I go, I know i live on Lantau where there must be decent trails, but DB seems like a bike prison, don't know how to get out and then around Hong Kong to the trail areas with the bike, either in Lantau or other areas like Tai Lam which sound the best?

Does anyone arrange rides in these areas with a Van etc...? I cant see how a normal Taxi would take the bike? Any other public transport ideas?

Any advice appreciated.....

Cheers
    Chris

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 week ago #3471

• Thank you received: 4

• Hi Chris, ask the Lantau Rut Riders - we're working on this access issue, which is a complicated one involving the developers. Essentially they sold you guys up the river in terms of getting bikes in and out. We used to use the 'Trappist trail' to get to Chi Ma Wan from DB until a new luxury development went up on top of it.

Find them on FB: www.facebook.com/groups/DB.Rut.Riders/

The following user(s) said Thank You: ChrisHKUK

4 years 1 week ago #3472

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Thanks Brandon, will do.

Yeah, I guess this isn't on the top of HKR's agenda as much as making more houses!

4 years 1 week ago #3473

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

• Thank you received: 16

• The easiest way appears to be to take the ferry from DB to Yung Shue Wan. From there you can cycle (around 15-30 mins depending on fitness level) to the Chi Ma Wan trail. I did it in reverse when returning from the Lantau part of the Action Asia race in 2012.

4 years 1 week ago #3474

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Hi YW Slayer

Isn't Yung Shue Wan on Lamma Island?

Do you mean Mui Wo?

Cheers Chris

4 years 1 week ago #3475

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

• Thank you received: 16

• I did, yes.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ChrisHKUK

4 years 1 week ago #3478

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• For the benefit of anyone else who is also looking for information on this, from my research it seems that you should also be able to go from Tigers Head in DB and along a pretty decent trail / descent into Mui Wo area. (saw a Vid on YouTube which confirms this, assume it is ending in Mui Wo area.)

Guess could ride or get a DB Taxi up the hill to before the Golf Course (to save legs for trail) then hike a bike up to the top and away....

4 years 1 day ago #3480

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• If you follow the road to the golf course, when you reach the tunnel, there is an off road entrance on the left leading you to Mui Wo. Tiger Head is a hard way to go, unless you want to do bike-hiking!

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
    You are here: Home Forum 討論區 HKMBA Riders forum HKMBA Mountain Bike Advocacy 香港越野單車協進會 Live in Discovery Bay - how do I get bike to the Trails like Tai Lam etc... Any Riders in DB?