× Trails 越野路徑

Topic-icon 請顧及行人及行山者安全!Please respect the rights and concerns of other trail users !

5 years 8 months ago #2934

• User is blocked
  • User is blocked

• Thank you received: 4

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • 上星期六(10月20日),在老虎頭行山徑遇到一班由”周老闆”為首的mountain bikers。其中部份遂員,於回程白芒時以極高速飛馳於老虎頭到亞婆塱的行山徑。幾乎把一外籍行山者驚嚇到跌下山坡。這幾名mountain bikers 的行為,極為自私,和不植得鼓勵 ! 不但給予有關當局不開放更多行山徑的借口,更破壞了我們多年來為mountain bikers 建立的,健康、守法和顧及其他道路使用者的安全的良好形象!

Last Saturday (20th Oct), I met a group of 30 to 40 mountain bikers on the Lo Fu Tau country trail. A few of this group rode irresponsibly fast on the trail near A Po Long and almost ran into an expatriate female hiker. Such reckless and irresponsible behavior is not going to be tolerated and, I think, because of this irresponsible behavior of some mountain bikers, the Lo Fu Tau trail has been closed to cycling since March 2011.

Rule number 1 of mountain biking should be : respect the rights and concerns of other trail users and hikers always have the right of the way !

The following user(s) said Thank You: YW-Slayer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #2935

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

• Thank you received: 16

• I don't know about why the trail was closed to cycling, but I agree entirely with the sentiment. There is no sense making non-MTBers see us as a scourge to be gotten rid off, and it is not something that will help us get access to more or all trails in HK.

5 years 8 months ago #2936

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

• Thank you received: 8

• Gogo Yung,

Have you posted this to the local discussion forum? If not, let me repost this article.

The general public is not going to tolerate this behavour and it would be a trigger to close off more trails which are heavily used by hikers. Given that HK is now "complain-happy", a few emails would kill the MTB trail.

5 years 8 months ago #2937

• User is blocked
  • User is blocked

• Thank you received: 4

• Hi Ang,

I haven't because I don't know which local discussion forum to post. Please re-post it for me.

Thanks !

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
    You are here: Home Forum 討論區 HKMBA Riders forum Trails 越野路徑 請顧及行人及行山者安全!Please respect the rights and concerns of other trail users !