× Trails 越野路徑

Improvement works underway - TLC

5 years 7 months ago #3102 by Pk101
Hey Everybody!!!

Ive noticed repair work and what looks like the start of improvements to the Tai Lam resevoir trail.

A few weeks ago the landslip halfway into the trail has been filled and anchored with large rocks and "Danger" signed removed. It seems AFCD has started another round of works, today I saw roots being covered by soil near the steps close to the road.

Anybody noticed anything else in Tai Lam Country Park, anything on Ho Pui trail?

Has AFCD released any news/updates?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #3103 by StanleyJ
Looks like the AFCD want to sort out Tai Lam first. As for Ho Pui, technically the new trail from Twisk is part of it... as for the rest of Ho Pui, I guess that will have to wait at least until after the new trail is opened? :blink:

5 years 7 months ago #3104 by YW-Slayer
The last time I, I mean, someone I know visited the "DANGER" section (late 2011) it was apparently much easier to cross than the first time that person visited it (mid-2010).

5 years 7 months ago #3105 by Pk101
Im concerned it will dumb down the easy parts and neglect more pressing areas needing attention.

All in all its good that AFCD is being pro active but covering roots that have been hammered year after year seems silly...

5 years 7 months ago #3106 by YW-Slayer
I don't mind them sorting out the "DANGER" section, as the middle part was (so I have been told) not only very dangerous to cross anyway, but unrideable, and the alternative was to carry one's bike up and over the stairs, then come down on the other side. I do think this was an area needing attention. But yes, obviously I'd rather they don't dumb down what may already be rather easy parts.

5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #3107 by Pk101

Took some pics, first is the roots being covered (BOO!!)
Second pic shows the rock face turned into rock, concrete and dirt slope with multiple lines still available down it while still providing easy ride up (YAY!!)
Attachments:

5 years 7 months ago #3108 by Pk101
Took some pics, first is the roots being covered (BOO!!)
Second pic shows the rock face turned into rock, concrete and dirt slope with multiple lines still available down it while still providing easy ride up (YAY!!)

5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #3109 by Pk101

apologies, Ive screwed the posting up. cant edit the pic either DOH
Attachments:

5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #3110 by StanleyJ
Here's a pic I took of the rock/slope the right way up... :silly:

5 years 7 months ago #3111 by Pk101
Thanks Stanley, gonna have to tell me how you did that. I tried everything :s

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.512 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.