× Trails 越野路徑

Topic-icon Suggest Tai Lam Trail CP Improvements Here

4 years 10 months ago #3154

• Thank you received: 15

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • This set of steps is always a walk up...I doubt many people could get up them. Very steep and dangerous coming down.

Re-route it or make it smoother / longer incline.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #3155

• This corner is one of my favourites...Ive never managed it all in one go in anti-clockwise direction. The more I ride it the closer I get to mastering it.

However, its almost black trail level - narrow, lots of roots, jagged rock and a nasty stream crossing just to make it fun.

Something needs to be done about the drop off at the beggining that is held up by a large root and creating an easy line around the rocks...approximately where the bike is parked.

941 789

Attachments:
    Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Pk101. Reason: missing data

4 years 10 months ago #3156

• These are the roots AFCD tried to protect...as you can see the rocks and soil they used is coming away and will probably be back to its original state soon.

It then leads to the stairs up to the road...would love them to by-pass completely but like some of the stream crossings, it will require a lot of work.

932 785

Attachments:
    Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Pk101.

4 years 10 months ago #3157

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

• Thank you received: 16

• Yeah, those stairs are a real female-dog to deal with.

4 years 10 months ago #3158

• ...which ones HaHa !. I hate the things !!!

Oh and Thank You for the " Thank You " :) :)

4 years 10 months ago #3164

• ...OK this is the last couple that I will do before we see AFCD at the trail building day.

The theme is stairs yet again :angry:

This one crosses an old drain/catchment for the resevoir. Its since been filled in with run off from the rain. The actual steps down and drop-off to the right is ok, would'nt say begginer level feature but still a huge choke point. Going up is impossible for begginer/intermediate rider.

The most annoying thing is its immediately after a huge incline and if you get back on your bike you will have to get off 2 seconds later - very disheartening.

930 782

Attachments:

4 years 10 months ago #3165

• I wish I had got more pictures of this area because it has a lot going on. Its the wooded/rooty area that you come down and then have to negotiate a marshy bridge which leads to the stairs in the pic.

its only possible to go down these stairs and the concrete slabs holding the stairs are being smashed to bits...the middle one recently went.

..at the end of the marshy bridge (bottom of pic) you can see a dip where water collects. Some nice people have thrown some rocks in to make it across :blink: :S Somethings got to be done!

928 778

Feel free to offer any comments/feedback ...if it helps the AFCD or the process of maintaining the trails Im happy to carry on snapping away.

Thanks to StanleyJ for helping with the Google screenshots !!

Cheers!!!

Attachments:
    Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Pk101.

4 years 10 months ago #3166

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

• Thank you received: 16

• I suppose the one 2 posts above could be solved by having a slightly more gradual slope of some sort in the hole beneath the slab.

Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by YW-Slayer.

4 years 10 months ago #3168

• Thank you received: 4

• All good ideas, particularly the last two stairs which are not rideable by anyone, and can be universally regarded as $H!? - although keep in mind that if some people can ride something [all three photos in one of your posts] they may be upset if you flatten it out.

Remember that MTB is about challenge, and we ought to be careful about telling AFCD "X section is too difficult" because they may interpret that as a need to make everything surrounding it eight feet wide, flat, with no obstacles.

But yes, generally speaking, the stairs have got to go - or have to be gone around with a reroute.

4 years 10 months ago #3169

• Absolutely

It looks like the drain is no longer relevant so could move the stairs back and add the slope as you suggest.....the slab was only used to cross the drain.

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
    You are here: Home Forum 討論區 HKMBA Riders forum Trails 越野路徑 Suggest Tai Lam Trail CP Improvements Here