× Talking dirty 隨意發言

Topic-icon Bikes on the MTR since Dec 2011 - anyone tried it?

6 years 1 month ago #2469

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received: 1

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Just reading the transportation page on the website and it says there's been a begrudging admission that bikes can carried on the whole of the mtr with the front wheel off.
    I just wondered whether anyone had tried it with any success?
    If so, when does peak hour sort of stop if I was to use the trains during the week?

Cheers
    Duncan - a tourist in HK with a bike that needs riding

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #2471

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

• Thank you received: 16

• I have, did it with 2 guys from HK Cycling Alliance. No problems, but we did do it at around 10:30-11am on a weekend so definitely not rush hour.

I would probably avoid 8-10am on weekdays and Saturday, and 4:30-7pm on weekdays only, at which times it can be hard to get on the train even without a bike. It's also best to use the end carriages, take off your helmet, and be polite and respectful.

MTR may be trying to backpedal as in the draft meeting minutes they have stuck in some stuff about bicycle dimensions, but in the meantime I think you can still give it a go.

Warning: getimagesize(/home/hkmba/www/www/media/kunena/ranks/hkmba logo_211.png): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hkmba/www/www/libraries/kunena/user/user.php on line 902
    6 years 1 month ago #2475

Warning: getimagesize(/home/hkmba/www/www/media/kunena/ranks/hkmba logo_211.png): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hkmba/www/www/libraries/kunena/user/user.php on line 902

• HKMBA
  • HKMBA

• Thank you received: 7

• I have never had trouble and I have ventured onto the MTR with my bike well over a dozen times since 2006. Other passengers are pleasant and even very cooperative if I politely ask if I can position my bike where is causes least disturbance to others.

YW-Slayer hit all the key points dead on, especially the one about showing the utmost respect and patience for other passengers.

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
    You are here: Home Forum 討論區 HKMBA Riders forum Talking Dirty 隨意發言 Bikes on the MTR since Dec 2011 - anyone tried it?