× Talking dirty 隨意發言

Topic-icon Translation

6 years 1 month ago #2611

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

• Thank you received: 8

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Hi Tom,

Pls let me know if you need any chinese translation work done on the HKMBA website.

Thanks.
    Allan Ng

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Warning: getimagesize(/home/hkmba/www/www/media/kunena/ranks/hkmba logo_211.png): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hkmba/www/www/libraries/kunena/user/user.php on line 902
    6 years 1 month ago #2612

Warning: getimagesize(/home/hkmba/www/www/media/kunena/ranks/hkmba logo_211.png): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hkmba/www/www/libraries/kunena/user/user.php on line 902

• HKMBA
  • HKMBA

• Thank you received: 7

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Hi Alan,

Ideally all the base content of the HKMBA site should be a completely bilingual in order to reach everyone in in the HK MTB community but practically that has been extremely challenging given that the volunteers who contributed most of this content do not speak or write in Chinese. Translation is not easy work because it generally requires a fluency in both languages and we have not found anyone with these skills yet who are willing and interested.

If you or anyone else in the in the MTB community can help with translation that would be fantastic. It does not have to be a word for word, paragraph by paragraph translation but as long as the Chinese text is a just as informative (or even more so ) as the english text then that should be fine. So whoever does this work will enjoy some creative liberty to craft the articles in the style that they see fit.

As for priority I would focus on what people visit the HKMBA.ORG site for. Based on page views people seem to be looking up stories on trails, shops and getting started. And based on stories viewed, you'de be happy to know that the Dragon's Back trail article is the number one viewed page on the HKMBA site so your efforts to invite other riders to join you are paying off! So that would obviously be a good start..

As for coordinating translation efforts we can either do this offline (contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) or via this forum thread. I can also take care of the back end side to further simplify things too.

Thanks!
    Tom

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: bikestevebrandon