× Talking dirty 隨意發言

Topic-icon foreigner permit ?

5 years 6 months ago #3009
  • yossarian
  • yossarian's Avatar Topic Author

  • Visitor
  • Visitor

  • Thank you received:

  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • hi. i'm new to hk. looks like you have plenty of cool trails for enduro/all mounting riding.
    the question is – how do i get a country bike permit if i'm not a hk resident and don't have an identity card number.
    i'm arriving on the 9th of jan for two weeks.
    thanks for any help and advice! )
    :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

    Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by yossarian.

    Please Log in to join the conversation.

    5 years 6 months ago #3010

  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

  • Posts: 281
  • Karma: 6
  • Thank you received: 16

  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • From the Overview page:

    "Tourists and other visitors without Hong Kong ID cards and/or permanent addresses in Hong Kong are often able to obtain permits. This is done by visiting, on a weekday and during working hours, and with one’s passport number, the office location that is on the application form. The Department is usually able to issue the permit on the spot.

    An AFCD permit is not required if you wish to ride on Lamma Island or Ting Ping Shan, hence those may be better options for tourists/visitors with only a limited time in Hong Kong."

    Or bikesteve, who has a lot more experience in this matter, suggested in an old thread:

    "The way to do it is fax through the application NOT post as they don't require a stamped addressed envelope. Use your passport number where it says HK ID, your home address on the application and for the postal address use either the hotel although maybe make sure the hotel holds it for you or a friends HK address."

    Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by YW-Slayer.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: yossarian

    Please Log in to join the conversation.

    Moderators: bikestevebrandon