× Talking dirty 隨意發言

Topic-icon Bicycle World Sucks/Flying Ball Rocks

8 years 11 months ago #1070

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • I just went into Bicycle World on Saturday, they are the biggest bunch of stupid nobs!!

I will never buy anything from them!!!

The guys at Hong Kong Bicycle are brilliant. I ordered some Saint brakes from them and they said they'll be in by August, it's now the 2nd and they just called to say they're in stock waiting for me. Very competitively priced... HK$2500 for a pair!!

www.hkcycle.com/index.php in North Point.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #1080

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Nice bike! I've also read good things about this bike. Have you had a ride? Thinking about getting this or the santa cruz blur LT2. Did he get it from Cosmos Cycle? How much did he spend? How much was the frame? Cheers

6 years 10 months ago #1946

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• mlam10023 wrote:

I suggest that anyone needing a serious bike shop go to Flying Ball and stay away from Bicycle World.

This looks interesting thread. It looks like everyone have bad days every now and then. Let me share my experience.

I have purchased 3 bikes in last 2 years, all carbon frames. Each time I tried to buy it from the Flying ball. For some reason the dialog with the sales guy was challenging. The price I got by email was not valid when I visited the shop (OK; there are other customers and inquiries and other sales guys who answer emails).
    The first bike I bought from Bicycle World spring 2010. Next 2 bikes from Europe. And I always wanted a Cannondale, but ended up with Trek and Bianchi. Flying Ball had a change to sell 3 bikes, but sold none. It was about the sales process, not about the actual selling price.

Lesson learned: People (and sales processes) are different.

Warning: getimagesize(/home/hkmba/www/www/media/kunena/ranks/hkmba logo_211.png): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hkmba/www/www/libraries/kunena/user/user.php on line 902
    6 years 10 months ago #1947

Warning: getimagesize(/home/hkmba/www/www/media/kunena/ranks/hkmba logo_211.png): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hkmba/www/www/libraries/kunena/user/user.php on line 902

• HKMBA
  • HKMBA

• Thank you received: 7

• Leppalam, you have raised an excellent point. My first bike purchase in HK was in in 1996 and done without the help of the internet or advice from other bikers. I hunted around HK (Wan Chai included when there were a few decent shops) and eventually found a street in Prince Edward with 3-4 bike shops. I visited each one in turn and in the end found Mr Lee, the owner of FB, to be very personable. I had a very restrictive budget and he let me test ride a Cannodale M900 (no sus) and I was sold! The other shops in HK did their best to ignore me despite having some very competitive products.

6 years 10 months ago #1954

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

• Thank you received: 16

• I live on HK island and so usually restrict myself to shops there. Have been to Flying Ball but find its location rather challenging. BullBike are more receptive, but I find that their location leads to the same problem as Flying Ball.

I find the chaps at Bicycle World are friendly. I usually deal with Ah Kwong, though I have been buying from there since 2000.

I also like using Sky Blue Bikes, all of the staff there are also very friendly and easy to deal with. They will also allow you to test-ride bikes (a HUGE plus in my book) and will also happily discuss not just technical matters but also your personal needs with you in a lot of detail.

Each shop has its advantages and disadvantages. BW has a larger range of certain types of accessories, but SBB may have more of other types.

Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by YW-Slayer.

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
    You are here: Home Forum 討論區 HKMBA Riders forum Talking Dirty 隨意發言 Bicycle World Sucks/Flying Ball Rocks