× On Yer Bike 尋找戰友

Topic-icon Looking fora biking group! (weekends only)

8 years 2 weeks ago #1203

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Hey guys,

Name's Andreas and im looking to join a biking group. I can only do weekends, as i have to work weekdays. I am also new to mountain biking, but ive had minor experience in NZ. my msn messnger/email:xanatos112@hotmail.com

Message me!

Andreas

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 weeks ago #1204

• Thank you received: 8

• Hey Andreas,

Welcome to Mountain Biking in HK, we're going to be running some regular 'Group Rides' for new-comers to HK shortly, a good chance to mingle with like minded riders & experienced alike!

Watch this space!

Steve

8 years 1 week ago #1207

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Hi, I'm in the same boat - just moved to HKG and am itching to get out riding. Will keep an eye out for the upcoming rides but any groups ride regularly sundays I could join this week or next? Been riding for years - most recently in Singapore - and whilst carry a few christmas pounds should be be in reasonable shape. Cheers.

8 years 1 week ago #1208

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• oh yeah, and do I need some kind of permit for riding here?? Living out near Tai Lam / Tuen Mun - would the local bike shop be the place to go get one if needed? Ta.

8 years 1 week ago #1209

• Thank you received: 8

• Hi Kev,

The Permit is free, there is an application form on this website, you'll need a fax machine. -Takes about 4 days.

We're thrashing out details for the group rides but good news is first one is likely to be Tai Lam.

Heard Singapore's actually got some good trails now...

8 years 1 week ago #1210

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Cheers Steve, sent application today.. hope to get this week. Looking forward to hitting the hills I can see out the window, although there seems to be alot of guys knocking about on 8ins+ full sussers...

Singapore was really pretty good in the end, the lack of long grinding hills and flowing singletrack was made up by there being a few different trails to mix it up with, and Indonesia was only a short hop for a good all dayer.

Anyway, looking forward to getting out there soon!

7 years 11 months ago #1231

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• hi. Im out in HK from England around May 11th to 20th May 2010 and Im looking to hook up with someone local to show me the best trails in HK. Can anyone help me out? Im more than happy to return the favour and show someone from HK my local trails around the North of UK, if you ever come over. I normally locate myself in Kowloon, when im in HK. I love HK.

7 years 11 months ago #1232

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Moved to HK mid last year - finally got around to bring over my bike from OZ (after many yrs of doing nothing). Defaintly would say i am not the fittest person in the wold but very very keen to join a social riding group.

Thanks
    J

7 years 11 months ago #1237

• Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

• Thank you received: 9

• I moved back to HK after a 17 year stint in the Fatherland that is England, where I actually graduated from BMXes to Road Bikes (sue me!) however I'm looking to get an MTB (always borrowed friends' bikes back in Blighty) after all these years as Hong Kong seems to have a cycling scene that's approaching critical mass. I should have an MTB sourced from deepest Yorkshire by the end of this month, so would be more than happy to catch up with any body for rides (and rope my girlfriend in as well, choosing an MTB for her is much easier!). :)

7 years 11 months ago #1238

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• did anything come out of the plans for group rides for newbies to HKG? I'm still to give my treads a taste of HKG trails... and it looks like theres a growing bunch interested in getting started. Eitherway, hope to hit the trails this coming weekend, just hope the weathers as sweet as it turned out yesterday.... anyone going out from anywhere around gold coast I'd appreciate any chance of linking up....

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
    You are here: Home Forum 討論區 HKMBA Riders forum Join Or Lead A Ride 尋找戰友 Looking fora biking group! (weekends only)