× On Yer Bike 尋找戰友

Looking fora biking group! (weekends only)

7 years 1 month ago #1987 by ang
Anyone interested going to Tai Lam Country Park on a Sunday morning?

There must be a total of 4 riders in order to make the trip coz it is about HK300 one way. Fewer than 4 riders would make the transportation too expensive. Five riders would be too crowded in a Van.

We'll go from Chai Wan to the Tai Lam Country Park and will pick you up along the way.

Leave a post here if you're interested.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #2282 by ang
Group ride on Sunday morning Dragon's Back (Hong Kong Island)

08:30 Meet at Heng Fa Chuen MTR McDonald

Or if you drive, you can park at the parking space on the small road leading to the trail head.

6 years 9 months ago #2283 by YW-Slayer
Ang, is the small road you mention the road which is south of Cape Collinson Road and east of Shek O Road, but north of the orange trail (on the finder)?

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #2284 by YW-Slayer
Ang, am interested in going as have gotten leave to go from the wife. Will drive, may need to give others a lift, but if not, I can take 1 other bike (2 at a push as long as they are not 29ers) on my car rack.

EDIT: Just checked out McDonald's outside HFC MTR, Cape Collinson Rd., and Shek O Rd. There's nowhere I can stop within sight of the McDonald's to stick another bike on the rack (have to go down the road and around the corner). Can't see any legit parking spots close to the trailhead, so I'll park either on the parking spot around Shek O Rd. about 2km from the trailhead, or, uh, somewhere else. I'll try and be at the top of the stone steps mentioned in the guide by around 9am (I ride a Trek Remedy).

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #2285 by ang
Didnt check this forum until now...

It is the same small road that goes to prision / Dragon's Back.

There're a couple parking spot next to the curb on the small road.

Beware of the weather tho, if it rains just when I head out, no go.

Not sure how many guys are going to show up at HFC MTR so I'll wait until 08:40 and probably make it to the trail head at 09:15
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: YW-Slayer

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #2286 by YW-Slayer
Thanks Ang. Didn't go up the road as it says it is CSD territory but may have a look. See you soon, hopefully!

6 years 8 months ago #2308 by YW-Slayer
Ang, just to clarify, this morning I got told (very politely) by a CSD officer that the public generally can't park there.

Anyway, one can always risk it on Cape Collinson Road. There's also a public carpark about 3-4km away from the trailhead.

6 years 8 months ago #2351 by ang
YW, I recall(last year) that one of the riding buddy drove up the small road and parked on the parking spots on the left-hand side. While we were unloading the bikes, an officer politely asked us to park at the parking space around the corner (where you parked your car last time).

Every sunday morning when I climb up the small road, the parking spot around the corner is always empty. Of course, there is risk that one of the CSD official may call the traffic cop and get the non-CSD vehicle ticketed.

There's a public carpark on Shek O road so that would be fine.

Can you go this Sunday morning? I'm going to test drive my Meta 6, hehe.

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #2352 by YW-Slayer
Ang, my car was in exactly the same space that you saw. Maybe it was just bad luck on my part or good luck on yours, as I think the CSD guys don't usually go to the shed near the space in question. I think also he had to tell me as he had earlier told some other guy in the parking lots up the road to move, and he mentioned that.

Anyway, yes, I have used the public carpark on Shek O Road before, though it is about 2-3km away from the CSD entrance.

Can't go this Sunday I'm afraid, though I am told that my friend had a good time on the same trail last night (in the dark). Have a good time, though, and congratulations on the new bike!

6 years 8 months ago #2356 by ang
Parent's Day at school so need to get home by 10am. Need to get up early in the morning for a quick run... fine weather forecast this weekend but rain next week :)

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.646 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.