× On Yer Bike 尋找戰友

Anyone for Riding - Sai Kung West Country Park

6 years 10 months ago #2150 by samg
Hi I'm relatively new to Sai Kung - and looking for riding partners. Just got my permit last week, and ready to hit the 12km stretch in SK Park. I don't have a fancy bike - but it'll manage fine as long as there aren't any drops or excessive speed. I can do weekends or weekdays with some notice. Let me know by reply or give me a call 5372 1151. also up for casual road rides to explore the area or get in shape. cheers, sam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #2185 by sabrinahwng
Hi Sam,
Are you're still looking for a cycling partner in Sai Kung? What rides have you done in the past? I'm up for some mountain biking and looking to ride with someone in my pace range. I'm usually available on the weekdays with no regular schedule. Email me if you want to do some cycling.

Sabrina

6 years 9 months ago #2186 by syyip2002
Hi Sam / Sabrina

I would love to join too. If you have confirmed a date, please post here. I will try my best to participate.

Best regards
Dave

6 years 9 months ago #2187 by samg
Hi Sabrina & Dave - i'm in san francisco this week. Should be back the week of the 5th. how about we tentatively plan a ride on the 10th morning? to answer your question sabrina i have done no riding in HK, except renting a bike one afternoon on lantau, and i'm not a regular rider. i did training rides in college with the mtn bike team but just for fun, and i used to ride in british columbia in the summer's, but not the extreme trails. mostly i just want to get off the pavement and explore. sam

6 years 9 months ago #2188 by syyip2002
Hi Sam

I think I should let you know my cycling level. I am a local and just a newbie and have never tried off-road. I just started regular cycling for about two months. I bought a Taiwan made MTB (shown in the picture). It only has front suspension.

I am fit enough to ride from Kowloon Lai Chi Kok (where I live) to Hong kong Aberdeen Sports Playground and back. I know it because I have done it twice. But really I don't have off-road training and skills.

I usually have soccer game on Saturday mornings and so is Dec 10th. I could join if you can start at 11am. And I can go weekdays too.

Dave
Attachments:

6 years 9 months ago #2190 by samg
dave - i think your bike is nicer than mine... should be fine for trails around here.

i can't guarantee what kind of trails we might find or how technical they are since i have not been on them. if you have a healthy sense of adventure, reasonable fitness, and decent balance i'm sure you'll be ok! won't know until you try. lets see what sabrinas schedule is like and we'll see what works. sam

6 years 9 months ago #2194 by syyip2002
Sam - Thank you and sounds good. Dave

6 years 9 months ago #2225 by sabrinahwng
hi Sam and Dave,

Sorry I wasn't in town the past 2 weeks; reply late....will you guys be free Monday 19th Dec??? How about we meet up in sai kung town in the morning and ride to sai kung country park hoi hai??? a trial ride together, hows that sounds???

regards,
sab

6 years 9 months ago #2226 by syyip2002
Sabrina

I might be ok unless there is last minute customer request meeting. How much time do you expect the whole ride will take?

6 years 9 months ago #2227 by sabrinahwng
Hi Dave,

I expect the ride approximately take 2 hrs there and back....but this is mainly on the road thur...a casual ride to sk country park, not much traffic on this road, expecting some hills. Let me know if you want to join, you can ring / sms / whatsapp me on 96686652...i will be up for it anyway! Cheers!

Sab...

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.505 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.