× On Yer Bike 尋找戰友

riding on weekends

6 years 7 months ago #2465 by ang
Replied by ang on topic riding on weekends
KFC is in front of the traffic light and there is a bus stop next to it, you can pull up pass KFC / the bus stop.

Thanks and C U @6:30.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #2468 by taresheep
Replied by taresheep on topic riding on weekends
Too bad, my husband needed to work today and didn't have time to go rent the bike to join you guys. Hopefully next week can make it! Have a good ride tomorrow!!! :)

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #2472 by YW-Slayer
Replied by YW-Slayer on topic riding on weekends
Horrible conditions but that's part of the fun. There was one exposed part on the ridgeline where we were actually blown to a halt by the wind. We then dismounted and the wind started blowing our bikes away (well, mine at least, which is no lightweight!).

On a more positive note, here's a short clip of ang totally owning the stairs on the ridge trail like a boss-playah, despite it being super-wet and windy today. :cheer: He definitely had a smoother outing than I did!

6 years 7 months ago #2476 by ang
YW, thanks for the lift..glad that we made it thru the ridge. The steps was the practically the only part that I could get decent traction, haha.

Anyway I spent more than one hour to wash the bike, haha..., make sure you dry the chain and put some lube on right away.

6 years 7 months ago #2477 by YW-Slayer
Replied by YW-Slayer on topic riding on weekends
No problems for the lift, and again, sorry for making you wait when we could have ridden without my light in the end!

I think the next time it's that slippery we should probably stick with the contour trail. The ridge is tricky even in the dry.

Sadly, my bike is still dirty. I drove home only to find out that the car wash bay is under repair. Hopefully the bike wash liquid that i have will make short work of the thick mud that is everywhere (including the seat!) a bit later this week. :unsure:

Anyway, as discussed, let's meet up for lunch sometime. You have my email address.

6 years 7 months ago #2480 by ang
No problem, safety first and the lights are necessary as a precaution given the super-thick mist that we encountered yesterday.

Another issue is parking as we see that CSD is constructing a new automatic gate at the entrance. Next time I'll check the signs along Cape Collison Road to find out if there is any public parking spot. I know that people park on the midway on Cape Collison Road, next to the cementary.

Also I was told that there is a parking spot on Shek O Road but not too far from the prison, and not as far as the large public parking space on Shek O Road. Again, need some more research.

Yup, it appears that a few MTBers work in the same area, I'll organize a lunch later.

6 years 7 months ago #2506 by daiski
Replied by daiski on topic riding on weekends
Hi Ang, you guys go up to the ridge now?

6 years 7 months ago #2508 by ang
Yea, we go up the ridge once in awhile. It depends on the folks, sometimes if it's just newbies, then we'll do the contour trail nice and easy.

Now that alot of guys have switched to full suspension, they like to do some drops.

6 years 7 months ago #2511 by daiski
Replied by daiski on topic riding on weekends
Hi Ang,

I will keep up with this page. It's been a long time since I touched my bike. Hopefully, I will get to join you guys to the ridge sometime.

6 years 7 months ago #2512 by ang
I can only do short trip ~ Dragon's Back on Sunday morning most of the time.

You may want to check out Cape Rider Events @fb for other activities on Sunday, ie. Chi Ma Wan, Tai Mo Shan and so on :)

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.508 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.