× On Yer Bike 尋找戰友

Looking for someone to show me the trails this weekend (7-8 July 2012)

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #2686 by larshenning
Hello

I am in Hong Kong this weekend (7-8 July 2012) and looking to do some XC routes. I've brought with me my Specialized Stumpjumper and I have the HK MTB licence already. I am an experienced cross-country rider, but more recently I've been doing a lot of club road cycling as I am based in the UK. I am up for doing all day riding on Saturday and Sunday. I am especially interested if anyone is savvy about how to avoid getting stopped by the HK MTB police around Tai Lam / Tai Mo Shan and Lantau.

Thanks,
Lars
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #2687 by YW-Slayer
Sorry mate, it was slightly short notice, but hope someone responded and (at least) that you had a good time!

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #2688 by larshenning
Hey HKMBA

Just wanted to say thanks for the resources on this website!

I didn't get any replies to my post, but I had a great time on a solo ride in Tai Lam / Tai Mo Shan. I climbed up Route Twisk and Tai Mo Shan road to the view point just to tick a box and then rode the Ho Pui Section. That trail is great fun though a bit more technical than I expected! I am not used the jagged rock gardens and my bike is a low travel XC / trail bike. I came across a group of mountain unicyclists at the T junction towards the end of Ho Pui section. I thought 'what the hell are these guys doing up here? I can hardly get across these rocks on two wheels let alone one!'. It did take some extra time to find my way out of Tai Lam park once it got dark! Fortunately some dog walkers directed me the way out as my Garmin only has UK maps installed and my phone had no signal! I didn't have time to ride on Sunday, so I'll have to check out the rest another time.

Here's a map of my route tracked on Strava:
app.strava.com/activities/12707048

Also attached a photo I had taken by a fellow cyclist (Bryan) at the Tai Mo Shan view point.

Anyway, have fun guys.

Lars
Attachments:

6 years 3 months ago #2689 by YW-Slayer
Sounds like you had a good time, which is the most important thing! Glad you enjoyed yourself. I think someone once mentioned that if you can mountain bike in HK, you can mountain bike almost anywhere...

I'm sure the Association will be glad for your positive feedback. :D

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.377 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.