× On Yer Bike 尋找戰友

Topic-icon New to HK. Looking to ride on August 18 or 19

5 years 5 months ago #2714

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Hi, i am new to HK and yet to make my first ride. Looking for any suggestions for a first trail or join a group that may be going out on one of those days.

Thanks
    Don

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #2715

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

• Thank you received: 16

• Do you live on Kowloon or HK island, and do you have a preferred type of trail you'd like to ride (long/short, XC/technical, loop/back-and-forth, ferry/MTR/drive/ride to trail)? Ang sometimes rides the Dragon's Back early on Sunday morning. Otherwise, you can join the Cape Riders group which I think does regular rides of that.

I'm not sure I'll have time to ride this weekend, but if I do, will let you know.

5 years 5 months ago #2717

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• I am up for most types of rides. Just want to get out on the trail again. It's been about two months since i left the US and have not ridden here yet.
    I prefer XC in a loop with some technical sections but like i said at this point just want to ride. I don't mind taking a ferry or MTR either. We have made other plans for this weekend but if any rides are scheduled i would try to join in.

Thanks for the reply

5 years 5 months ago #2718

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

• Well, as a typhoon is on the way, any ride this weekend is likely to be brutal. Ang and I were one nearly blown to a halt on the Dragon's Back ridgeline, and that was just a "normalish" (albeit somewhat misty and wet) day. On the other hand, the benefit of bad weather is that there are less likely to be hikers on the trail!

The Dragon's Back trail can be ridden as a loop by using the ridge trail. Having said that, the ridge portion is more like AM (with some near-red DH parts), whereas the contour trail is primarily XC.

If you want a more XC-like loop trail then I'd highly recommend the Tai Lam Chung Reservoir trail (maybe 60% of which is on-road, but you can skip that if you want and just to the 40% of off-road goodness end-to-end). I haven't had the chance to try Chi Ma Wan yet but that is supposed to be good.

If I do anything this weekend it's likely to be the Dragon's Back, but I'll have to be home by around 9:30/10, and will probably have to go quite early, maybe 6:30 or so. Will let you know if I do go.

Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by YW-Slayer.

5 years 5 months ago #2722

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

• Can't do an off-road ride this weekend (too much work!) but why not join the XC MTB Festival next Sunday? The deadline for entry and payment is Monday.

www.facebook.com/HongKongMTBfestival

5 years 4 months ago #2740

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

• Thank you received: 8

• Sunday Aug 26th Tai Mo Shan excursion
    Meeting Point: Bus Stop (for KMB no. 51) at top of Route TWISK
    Meeting Time: 10:00 am

Pls leave a facebook message with Cape Riders for transportation arrangement.

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
    You are here: Home Forum 討論區 HKMBA Riders forum Join Or Lead A Ride 尋找戰友 New to HK. Looking to ride on August 18 or 19