× On Yer Bike 尋找戰友

RIDE Sunday Oct 14th

5 years 10 months ago #2903 by ang
Replied by ang on topic RIDE Sunday Oct 14th
YW,

You took the 29er hardtail to Chi Ma Wan? If it's a small dent, then it shoudn't cause the leak unless there is some sharp edges as a result of the dent. Anyway take a look at the puncture to see if it's a snake bike. You may want to put in a few more PSI for the next ride.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #2904 by enzoferrari
Replied by enzoferrari on topic RIDE Sunday Oct 14th
hi
If you are running tubes... a dent will not cause a leak, but if tubeless a dent in the rim can cause the tyre not to seal up completely

5 years 10 months ago #2905 by YW-Slayer
Replied by YW-Slayer on topic RIDE Sunday Oct 14th
Yes I took the HT there, since it's what I am planning to use on the race. Couldn't find the puncture on the trail (and haven't removed the new tube yet to look at it today). But yeah. Anyway, will see what happens when I take it in at lunchtime.

5 years 10 months ago #2906 by ang

enzoferrari wrote: ang: I think they pay 600 for the van ( drop off and pick up )
The ride was good , the TMS trail rocks ( literally ). I think it was hard going for Glim and Boost - even though it is not uphill it is a tough ride. I am sure they will have there own comments :-)

enzoferrari,

HKD600 round trip is a good deal considering the drop off & pick up at Sai Wan Ho, Wan Chai and Central. Yea, TMS trail should be good as there it is all down slope and no uphill.

The first part Route Twisk downhill is steep but I suppose the trail is dry and hardpack so traction is good.

5 years 10 months ago #2907 by boost
Replied by boost on topic RIDE Sunday Oct 14th
Thanks to enzoferrari for leading us yesterday!

Yes it was a bit tough for me, it being my first ride there. The terrain for me was new and tricky as well because it was quite different from what I'm used to. Having said that I still had a blast!!! There was a lot of mildly technical, fast, flowy sections where I had a lot of good fun.

It was a challenging ride for me skill and endurance-wise but I'm quite happy at the fact that although I was almost "running on empty" at the end of the ride, I finished it without having any major cramps or anything like that. But I was TIRED as hell!

@ang,
We paid HK$600 for pickup at Central which included a drop-off at Sai Wan Ho at the end of the day, not bad. I took a cab to Central at 6:45am and I was back home by around 1pm (dropped off by the van). You should come next time!

5 years 10 months ago #2908 by Glim
Replied by Glim on topic RIDE Sunday Oct 14th
Ya... Thanks for the ride guys! I have 2 spills on Sunday. One that I fell into a ravine. Have close encounter with rocks and tree. Bad bruise on my thigh and knees. Cuts on my arm. So far.. Nothing broken. Thank God!
Disspite that, I'm glad I came for the ride. Had a blast and went home sore... Lol

5 years 10 months ago #2909 by YW-Slayer
Replied by YW-Slayer on topic RIDE Sunday Oct 14th
Good stuff guys. Always good to have someone with a first-aid kit, extra gels, and salty snacks (nuts or similar, or maybe even an apple) on every ride. Was near-bonking on the return journey from CMW on Saturday, but scoffed a gel and made it back alright. Injuries are part and parcel of it but hopefully only minor ones.

For a less technical ride check out the Tai Lam Chung Reservoir loop, a good warm-up. Going there from the Route Twisk starting point is ideal IMO. Also worth booking a session with bikesteve on any trail which you're interested on. He knows the trails well and even if you already have the skills, it's always good to have someone analyse your style and give you a bit of a refresher from time to time.

5 years 10 months ago #2910 by ang
boost,

What time did you guys arrive at the bus stop @Route Twist? What time did you guys finish before loading the bikes onto the van?

5 years 10 months ago #2911 by boost
Replied by boost on topic RIDE Sunday Oct 14th
ang,

We arrived at the bus stop at 8:15am (I think even earlier). Finish time was a little before 12noon if I'm not mistaken. We didn't stay too long at Gold Coast and headed back already.

5 years 10 months ago #2912 by ang
YW, I was looking at the map link that enzoferrari posted, I think they did the Tai Lam Reservoir offroad section after they went thru the Ho Pui trail. That is more than 20km offroad with technical sections in between, quite a workout!

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.571 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.