× On Yer Bike 尋找戰友

Riding Buddies

5 years 7 months ago #3052 by Pk101
Riding Buddies was created by Pk101
Anybody free/interested in mid-week rides?

I frequently ride in Tai Mo Shan on my Trek EX8 full sus. but interested in any trail in hk.

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #3055 by StanleyJ
Replied by StanleyJ on topic Riding Buddies
I think I may be the only vaguely active forum user here that rides mid-week. When you say "Tai Mo Shan", you actually mean the massive trail network of Tai Lam CP right? If you want to start the ride from Ho Pui village (as that's where I live!), then I'm sure we can arrange a meet-up. I am however quite lazy, so no early morning riding for me... usually it's a 1pm~3pm start! :evil:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pk101

5 years 7 months ago #3057 by Pk101
Replied by Pk101 on topic Riding Buddies
Cheers, thanks Stan! Will probably be going monday/tuesday if your up for it.

nothing early can meet in ho pui or end of tin fu tsai. im easy

5 years 7 months ago #3058 by StanleyJ
I'm thinking of going up to find HM Lim on Monday by bus/foot to help out, so if you want to ride, then maybe Tuesday works better... unless of course you're interested in riding up to find HM?! :D

5 years 7 months ago #3059 by Pk101
Sounds good, I usually drive up the hill so can meet you there. Can pick you up at ho pui if you wanna ride after, if you dont mind slinging yer bike in the boot...I dont do bike racks or the likes.

Did HM mention doing any trail work? I got the impression they had it sorted and volunteering wasnt necessary at this point in time.

cheers!!

5 years 7 months ago #3060 by StanleyJ
HM sent me a message that this time there are no volunteer workshops, though there will be another one when the trail is almost ready to open.

He did however say to me that I'm welcome to come along and help out. If you're interested, I guess best would be to ask him directly? He's here for another week...

As for your car, after driving up and parking, how do you get back? Ride back or take a van?

5 years 7 months ago #3061 by Pk101
Yeah, same thing he said to me. If we behave may even get a cheeky go on the new trail.

After lapping tai lam chung I usually ride up on the tin fu tsai/ twisk forest track, ultimately hiking up that last nasty bit. Whatever works for you though, Im only restricted by daylight I like to be home for my dinner.

how do you private msg on this forum, I had a look but the upgrade they are doing is a bit sensitive and dont want to be responsible for another crash

5 years 7 months ago #3062 by StanleyJ
Good olde HM!

How about this then... come over to Ho Pui village with your car+bike Monday morning (~10am?), you can park the car at my place, share a van up to Route Twisk, find HM and help out a bit, then ride out back to Ho Pui... perhaps with a few cheeky goes on the new trail. Can do a little detour back up to Tin Fu Tsai on the way down going round Ho Pui Reservoir. Easily back home before dinner.

As for messaging... I think if you visit the user profile page... it is still possible to send an email from that?

5 years 7 months ago #3063 by Pk101
Great, sounds like a plan!

Sent you an email

5 years 7 months ago #3064 by YW-Slayer
Replied by YW-Slayer on topic Riding Buddies
Would love to join, but I think mid-week daytime is out of reach for me (as it is for most people).

"Evening" rides can be good fun.

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.508 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.