× Events 大型活動

Shin protection

7 years 7 months ago #1723 by econbus
Shin protection was created by econbus
Having ripped another big hole in my shin yesterday on Tai Mo Shan, I have finally decided I have enough battle scars and need to invest in a set of shin protectors. Can anyone recommend a good brand and where to buy them? I'd prefer to have shin guards without knee pads (for better mobility).
Thanks
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #1738 by BoogieMan
Replied by BoogieMan on topic Shin protection
Dainese. Italian made. Ebay.com. Best of the best.

7 years 7 months ago #1748 by ratcat
Replied by ratcat on topic Shin protection
Go to Mongkok or any sports store and get the ones made for football. Cheap, around 80 HKD and super comfortable and light (they are made for running and playing ball). We all use those.

7 years 7 months ago #1749 by tom
Replied by tom on topic Shin protection
I used to use a shin plus knee protector [from Troy Lee ??] that did not have the knee protection fastened so it flopped around a bit. It was a bit unconventional looking but more comfy and the knee protectors did the job when called upon. They were light, cooler, and relatively cheaper.

Eventually, I got some of the comfy knee pads and then harvested the shin part of the old pads for full protection when doing a TMS ride... the flexibility of this solution was great allowing me to disarm one part or the other [plus separate pieces pack away easier] and as ratcat suggest you can combine knee pad with soccer shin guards too.

Other friends swear by the POCs [storm trooper styling!] but that's overkill for me.

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.360 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.