× Events 大型活動

Topic-icon Shin protection

6 years 10 months ago #1723

• Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

• Thank you received: 5

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Having ripped another big hole in my shin yesterday on Tai Mo Shan, I have finally decided I have enough battle scars and need to invest in a set of shin protectors. Can anyone recommend a good brand and where to buy them? I'd prefer to have shin guards without knee pads (for better mobility).
    Thanks
    Dave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #1738

• Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Dainese. Italian made. Ebay.com. Best of the best.

6 years 10 months ago #1748

• Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

• Thank you received: 1

• Go to Mongkok or any sports store and get the ones made for football. Cheap, around 80 HKD and super comfortable and light (they are made for running and playing ball). We all use those.

Warning: getimagesize(/home/hkmba/www/www/media/kunena/ranks/hkmba logo_211.png): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hkmba/www/www/libraries/kunena/user/user.php on line 902
    6 years 10 months ago #1749

Warning: getimagesize(/home/hkmba/www/www/media/kunena/ranks/hkmba logo_211.png): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hkmba/www/www/libraries/kunena/user/user.php on line 902

• HKMBA
  • HKMBA

• Thank you received: 7

• I used to use a shin plus knee protector [from Troy Lee ??] that did not have the knee protection fastened so it flopped around a bit. It was a bit unconventional looking but more comfy and the knee protectors did the job when called upon. They were light, cooler, and relatively cheaper.

Eventually, I got some of the comfy knee pads and then harvested the shin part of the old pads for full protection when doing a TMS ride... the flexibility of this solution was great allowing me to disarm one part or the other [plus separate pieces pack away easier] and as ratcat suggest you can combine knee pad with soccer shin guards too.

Other friends swear by the POCs [storm trooper styling!] but that's overkill for me.

Moderators: bikestevebrandon