× Events 大型活動

Topic-icon Trail Building Workshop - Tai Lam CP - Jan 2012

6 years 6 months ago #2281

• Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

• Thank you received: 2

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Hi,

I was at the dig with Tom and afterwards I managed to have a good chat with the AFCD officials who are behind this project. Let me say they are just as enthusiastic as we are and I implore people to support initiatives such as this. The AFCD officials have gone out of their way to build this trail PROPERLY and one of the senior guys has even bought a bike recently to learn more about the sport.

At the moment, they have a small number of construction workers on this project. They expect it to be completed in late February and early March. The plan is to get it done before the rainy season so they can see how well the trail holds up after heavy rain.

I had a great time on Sunday, got to catch up with friends and make some new ones. If groups such as HKMBA can continue to show real support like this, it gives the AFCD much more incentive to create new trails and improve the ones we already have.

The following user(s) said Thank You: beijau

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #2287

• Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

• Thank you received: 2

• I had a quick look at the trail today. They are almost at the fire look out. For those at the dig last Sunday, it seems they have progressed a couple hundred metres from where we finished up.

Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by donkeyman. Reason: typos

6 years 5 months ago #2333

• Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Hi, any more updates on how far along this trail is now?

6 years 4 months ago #2378

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• I have seen afcd staff resting in picnic area at lunch time and i suppose they been finishing off the new trail.

Update.
    They have found Hornet and will probably destroy it so that's 2 fun trails biting the dust, the first being the original Tinman. :(

Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by roger.

6 years 4 months ago #2427

• Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

• Thank you received: 9

• Just saw the update on the from page... nice work guys! Hopefully should be able to stop by Monday afternoon and check it out! :woohoo:

6 years 4 months ago #2470

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Rob, Steve, Malcom, HM and a whole bunch of guys at the trail build today, thanks for the opportunity to contribute to the new trail. It was by chance as it was my first ride in TMS and thanks to Sam (from AFCD) was invited to take part. Pity I missed the opening but would be looking forward to ride it soon. :)

Jason

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
    You are here: Home Forum 討論區 HKMBA Riders forum Events 大型活動 Trail Building Workshop - Tai Lam CP - Jan 2012