× Talking Bikes 技術資訊

Anyone recommend a good tyre?

8 years 1 month ago #1542 by ang
Replied by ang on topic Anyone recommend a good tyre?
Just found ratcat's post...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #1543 by BoogieMan
Thanks for the clip.
Looks like a fast single track with super overgrown trail. Single crown 33-36lbs. bike perfect.
Is there any technical trails in HK? Like rocks, shoots, exposure dh trail?
Check this out...

That's my favorite trail. I just went last weekend. One of the technical trail in So-Cal. On the video "PLUSH" part of the footage. The trail that Fox, Marzocchi & Specialized testing their products.
It has record last year crack 2 frames in one ride. Intense M3 & GT DHi. Really sick trail.

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #1544 by ang
Perhaps other experienced members here can fill you in on the trails in HK. Or you can check out the overviews on ths board for description of all the official trails. I'm just beginner who has visited Tai Mo Shan trail only once. All of my rides are on an easy XC section of Dragon's Back trail.

8 years 1 month ago #1545 by BoogieMan
Is there any technical trails U can recommend? Don't get me wrong...I like to climb. I like to climb during the weekday. Just like Dh on the weekend. I might going to Northstar this weekend. 7hrs. drive & rides 2 full days.

8 years 1 month ago #1546 by ang
You can try the "Ho Pui" section of the Tai Lam Country Park. I recall that after the initial downhill section, I had to climb (and pushed) for a while before going down the trail to the reservior.

However, the weather was real hot and humid and I almost passed out coz of the heat.

www.hkmba.org/index.php?option=com_conte...icle&id=72&Itemid=73

8 years 1 month ago #1547 by BoogieMan
Same as here in summer. Very lucky only hot in here not humid. That's why normally we start at 6am on the weekend. If I go Santa Barbara. I get up at 4am... drive 1.5hrs to get there. Trying to beat the heat & hikers.
Santa Barbara is a very small city but it has 5 university. U don't see nothing but hot chicks :woohoo: & youngsters on the trail.

8 years 1 month ago #1554 by ratcat
ang,

ha!!!! I post that clip to get more people interested in doing mountian biking. The dudes did the whole "fireman's lookout" in 10 minutes. They are wicked!!!

Boogie man, this trial is the longest DH trail in HK. I was there two weeks ago and the trail is a ot more rutted and hyper overgrown.
Actually I think you will find the shuttle run trails fun..... let me find you a Kap Long clip....

and thisis hoi pui

8 years 1 month ago #1557 by BoogieMan
Thanks for the clips.
Not bad...not bad at all. I like the second clip. Pretty faster runs..
How many miles or time-wise from trail head to bottom?

8 years 1 month ago #1560 by ratcat
The Hoi pui section split in two parts. What you are seeing is the last DH part. The AM part leading to the DH thingy takes around 30 minites for me(including a little rest here and there). The DH part well, the clip said it all. The whole thing if ride fast can be done in less then half and hour. Check out the ront page of this site, they are having a race on this section.
If you do drop by, get hooked up with people hiring van by the hour and do the shuttle runs. They will mix both legal and well 'illegal' sections that promises nothing but wicked riding.
And if you are interested in checking out trails under the cool starry night, then drop me a line, nights in HK mountain is just awesome.

8 years 1 month ago #1561 by ang
ratcat wrote:

And if you are interested in checking out trails under the cool starry night, then drop me a line, nights in HK mountain is just awesome.

It's all darkness in the mountain. How do you see the trail ahead? You have to be very familiar with the trail :ohmy:

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.628 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.