× Talking Bikes 技術資訊

Topic-icon Santa Cruz Tallboy

6 years 7 months ago #2127

• Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #2161

• Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

• Thank you received: 1

• Yesterday I received a mail from Flyng Ball saying that my Tallboy, after many, many weeks, finally had arrived :cheer:

An hour later I received a new mail informing that one of the staff had sold "my" bike :( :evil: :angry:

This starts to feel really, really hopeless!!!

Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Aldrx.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Warning: getimagesize(/home/hkmba/www/www/media/kunena/ranks/hkmba logo_211.png): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hkmba/www/www/libraries/kunena/user/user.php on line 902
    6 years 6 months ago #2162

Warning: getimagesize(/home/hkmba/www/www/media/kunena/ranks/hkmba logo_211.png): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hkmba/www/www/libraries/kunena/user/user.php on line 902

• HKMBA
  • HKMBA

• Thank you received: 7

• That really sucks!
    I would take this up with the owner, Mr Li. You deserve better service than this.
    If that fails, raise your complaint directly with Santa Cruz about the poor service you received from their distributor in HK.

6 years 6 months ago #2163

• Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

• Thank you received: 9

• It's things like this that really piss me off about HK distributors. I'd take it up with Santa Cruz whether you speak with Mr. Li or not. Not to mention it's actually quite painless to order a Santa Cruz online via the USA or UK and if you're lucky the price can even work out a bit cheaper even with shipping via FedEx/UPS/DHL!

6 years 6 months ago #2164

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

• Thank you received: 16

• That's pretty shocking.

6 years 6 months ago #2165

• Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Did you pay a deposit with your order? If so, you are entitled to kick up a fuss. If not, then there's nothing much to tie them to you. (in Scotland, word given has legal value, but not in HK nor anywhere in the world I've heard of)

The most likely scenario is this: someone saw your Tallboy in the shop and offered an extra 2,000 HKD for it. Either to the salesperson, behind the manager's back or, more likely, to the manager himself, who now blames a salesperson. (you can find out the truth by asking for the name of the salesperson, if no name is given the manager did it)

People around here are usually soft-spoken, and it's all to their credit. Personally I would cause a raucus that would make the 2,000HKD seem like small change.

6 years 6 months ago #2166

• HKMBA
  • HKMBA

• Thank you received: 7

• I was talking with my neighbour, Shaun, from Sky Blue today and I mentioned the discussion in this thread. He said someone who bought a Tallboy from FB brought one into his shop complaining about the wheels and it turned out he was sold one with touring rims instead of proper MTB spec rims... That's just not on. Was that you lagerkranser?

6 years 6 months ago #2167

• Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Most likely it was... although it wasn't so much a complaint, it was more me saying "Hey, take a look at this bike, if you would change anything on it, what would it be?" and he said definitely the rims. They're Mavic 719, which is probably a bit on the basic side for a bike of this caliber. Rest of the spec seems pretty good, SRAM XO, Formula 1 brakes, Fox Float RP23 etc.
    I guess I have myself to blame in part for not being very knowledgable about the wheel setup when buying the bike.

6 years 6 months ago #2168

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

• Thank you received: 8

• Hi,

What kind of spoke and hub are they?

Mavic 719, CRC price ~£42.99, ~460grams, perhaps a mid-range XC rim?

6 years 6 months ago #2169

• Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Slightly embarrassed to admit that I don't know off the top of my head. Shaun looked at the spokes and hubs and said they're good stuff. So I'm thinking about just getting new rims to shave some weight off and add stiffness.

Moderators: bikestevebrandon