× Talking Bikes 技術資訊

Santa Cruz Tallboy

6 years 10 months ago #2127 by annoporci

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #2161 by Aldrx
Replied by Aldrx on topic Santa Cruz Tallboy
Yesterday I received a mail from Flyng Ball saying that my Tallboy, after many, many weeks, finally had arrived :cheer:

An hour later I received a new mail informing that one of the staff had sold "my" bike :( :evil: :angry:

This starts to feel really, really hopeless!!!

6 years 9 months ago #2162 by tom
Replied by tom on topic Santa Cruz Tallboy
That really sucks!
I would take this up with the owner, Mr Li. You deserve better service than this.
If that fails, raise your complaint directly with Santa Cruz about the poor service you received from their distributor in HK.

6 years 9 months ago #2163 by StanleyJ
Replied by StanleyJ on topic Santa Cruz Tallboy
It's things like this that really piss me off about HK distributors. I'd take it up with Santa Cruz whether you speak with Mr. Li or not. Not to mention it's actually quite painless to order a Santa Cruz online via the USA or UK and if you're lucky the price can even work out a bit cheaper even with shipping via FedEx/UPS/DHL!

6 years 9 months ago #2164 by YW-Slayer
Replied by YW-Slayer on topic Santa Cruz Tallboy
That's pretty shocking.

6 years 9 months ago #2165 by annoporci
Replied by annoporci on topic Santa Cruz Tallboy
Did you pay a deposit with your order? If so, you are entitled to kick up a fuss. If not, then there's nothing much to tie them to you. (in Scotland, word given has legal value, but not in HK nor anywhere in the world I've heard of)

The most likely scenario is this: someone saw your Tallboy in the shop and offered an extra 2,000 HKD for it. Either to the salesperson, behind the manager's back or, more likely, to the manager himself, who now blames a salesperson. (you can find out the truth by asking for the name of the salesperson, if no name is given the manager did it)

People around here are usually soft-spoken, and it's all to their credit. Personally I would cause a raucus that would make the 2,000HKD seem like small change.

6 years 9 months ago #2166 by tom
Replied by tom on topic Santa Cruz Tallboy
I was talking with my neighbour, Shaun, from Sky Blue today and I mentioned the discussion in this thread. He said someone who bought a Tallboy from FB brought one into his shop complaining about the wheels and it turned out he was sold one with touring rims instead of proper MTB spec rims... That's just not on. Was that you lagerkranser?

6 years 9 months ago #2167 by lagerkranser
Replied by lagerkranser on topic Santa Cruz Tallboy
Most likely it was... although it wasn't so much a complaint, it was more me saying "Hey, take a look at this bike, if you would change anything on it, what would it be?" and he said definitely the rims. They're Mavic 719, which is probably a bit on the basic side for a bike of this caliber. Rest of the spec seems pretty good, SRAM XO, Formula 1 brakes, Fox Float RP23 etc.
I guess I have myself to blame in part for not being very knowledgable about the wheel setup when buying the bike.

6 years 9 months ago #2168 by ang
Replied by ang on topic Santa Cruz Tallboy
Hi,

What kind of spoke and hub are they?

Mavic 719, CRC price ~£42.99, ~460grams, perhaps a mid-range XC rim?

6 years 9 months ago #2169 by lagerkranser
Replied by lagerkranser on topic Santa Cruz Tallboy
Slightly embarrassed to admit that I don't know off the top of my head. Shaun looked at the spokes and hubs and said they're good stuff. So I'm thinking about just getting new rims to shave some weight off and add stiffness.

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.592 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.