× Talking Bikes 技術資訊

Topic-icon Hans Damp tiref

5 years 10 months ago #2771

• Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

• Thank you received: 1

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Thinking of trying out the Hans Dampf tires from Schwalbe. Anyone know where you can buy Schwalbe tires in HK?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #2772

• Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

• Thank you received: 3

• Try the Scott store in the Fortress Hill/North Point area. One of their riders was running Schwalbes.

Of course, you could always order online.

5 years 10 months ago #2773

• Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

• Just back from a tour around Chi Ma Wan. Passed by Friendly Bicycle Store and Jackie had Hans Dampf. Both 26 and 29 inch - so now I have a Schwalbe Hans Dampf as a front tyre on my Santa Cruz Tallboy. And for the first time I am having a tubeless tire ...

5 years 10 months ago #2774

• Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

• Thank you received: 9

• I got these on a 26er bike in the cheapest+hardest OCR compound and really impressed. I think these are the perfect "all round" tyre for the huge range of trail conditions (rolls fast on concrete, hooks up on roots, loose rock, etc) in Hong Kong. Massive volume, as wide as some so called 2.5" tyres and slightly wider than 2.4" Ardents I have on the 29er bike. I am seriously tempted to get a pair (Trailstar front, Pacestar back) for the 29er... B)

5 years 10 months ago #2775

• Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

• Also want to have the same combo - Trailstar front and Pacestar at the back. Unfortunately Jackie did not have the Pacestar so will use my Maxxis Crossmark at the back for the time being.

5 years 10 months ago #2778

• Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

• So what do you think of the Trailstar up front Aldrx? In other news... seems Schwalbe have been busy. Hans Dampf will now also get DH tyre casing on 26ers, plus the ultra sticky Vertstar compound. 27.5/650b versions will also come, and have 27.5x2.35 and 27.5x2.25...

www.schwalbe.com/gbl/en/produkte/mtb/pro...pe=40&ID_Produkt=285

5 years 10 months ago #2779

• Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

• Had some beginners with me on the Chi Ma Wan this Saturday so the pace was very slow so a bit difficult to give a full review. But so far so good. Going to test them more throughly next weekend.

5 years 10 months ago #2793

• Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

• Aldrx wrote: Had some beginners with me on the Chi Ma Wan this Saturday so the pace was very slow so a bit difficult to give a full review. But so far so good. Going to test them more throughly next weekend.

So what's the verdict on the Trailstar version? :)

5 years 10 months ago #2794

• Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

• Most def better grip than the Crossmarks. The fact hat they are more beefy also helps a lot on the rocky downhills on the Chi Ma Wan. I have now ordered a HD Pacestar from Evans Cycle (actually cheaper to have them delivered to HK than to buy them in a LBS) for the rear wheel. Hope to have them during this week so I can test the combo during the weekend.

Moderators: bikestevebrandon