× Talking Bikes 技術資訊

Just bought RockShox Reverb 125mm

5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #3074 by Pk101
Hello People !

After a few weeks banging my head over getting a dropper post, I bit the bullet today and bought one.

My Trek full suspension came with routing for a dropper post but not OEM equipment. Install was painless but not completely happy with the mangle of cables I will be facing every ride, especially looping under the saddle when compressed.

Was wondering any tips/ suggestions people could offer.

I will write and review with pics soon. Ive only installed so far and not fully tested it yet.

Thanks All!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #3076 by StanleyJ
Hmmm... new toys! :evil:

Have you shortened the hose yet?

It'll probably need a bleed as well (you got the syringes and oil in the retail kit right? OEM one doesn't have it...)... as the factory bleed from Rockshox is "a bit crap".

5 years 7 months ago #3077 by Pk101
Hey Stan!
Got all the bleed kit stuff included.

My main concern is a kink under my seat. I used the routing loop thats was included but think its too close to seat post stem. Might remove it or cut as suggested if nothing else works.

Will take some photo's and do a review this week.

My bike's already grinning at me, pretty happy with the purchase!!

5 years 7 months ago #3078 by StanleyJ
Whichever-side you have the remote on, the hose should go loop nicely around the otherside of the headtube, then a nice little loop at the seattube end... like so:

www.cyclingnews.com/features/photos/sea-...tf01-and-29er/169238

5 years 7 months ago #3079 by YW-Slayer
Glad you got one. Droppers are incredible, especially for a n00b like me. My Reverb is great. Those out there looking for a 27.2mm model can look at the Kindshock LEV, which I got installed on my 29er and feels very similar to the Reverb.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pk101

5 years 7 months ago #3080 by Pk101

YW-Slayer wrote: Glad you got one. Droppers are incredible, especially for a n00b like me. My Reverb is great. Those out there looking for a 27.2mm model can look at the Kindshock LEV, which I got installed on my 29er and feels very similar to the Reverb.

It makes total sense and for the little expense I should be laughing all the way.

KS was a brand I was looking at but for the price and quality, this noob was sold.

How has your reverb held up, any tweaks or crash damage maintenance you had to deal with?

5 years 7 months ago #3081 by YW-Slayer
Not so far. Pretty solid, but it's not like I ride that bike too often (sadly).

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.444 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.