× Talking Bikes 技術資訊

Please help tell me if this frame is a genuine Kona coilair?

4 years 10 months ago #3433 by trek21
Hi guys,I'm new here and this my first time to ask a question on here so here it goes:
I've been eyeing this neat looking frame on the Chinese "ebay".It's seems like a true Kona product but in doubt about the price.I really love the geometry and it has a size that's ideal to me.But i'm not really familiar with the technicalities of the real stuff (if this is really a rip-off)
So I'm leaving a photo of the frame for you to see if this is genuine or not.Thanks in advance.:

img03.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/i3/15702144...XXXX_!!157021449.jpg

Please just copy the paste & go in your browser navigation box.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #3434 by YW-Slayer
What's the price? There are some Kona CoilAirs on there which are priced more realistically (although they could still be fakes!) but you know the old adage about things being too good to be true, right?

The other question is whether you really want to hurl yourself downhill on a frame whose origin you may have lingering doubts about...

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #3435 by trek21
Thank you,Slayer.Always good to have a second opinion.BTW as I was searching the web about "the" Kona,I stumbled upon mtbr and on there was the same question I have and the exact same frame that I posted,only their's was blue/white.The reviews were all one sided saying that was a knock off.

Guess I'll hang on to my hardtail for a while.Looking forward to riding in HK .Just don't know if I can get a permit since I'm not an HK resident,.Thanks again and more power.

4 years 10 months ago #3440 by YW-Slayer
Anyone can get a permit, tourists/visitors go out all the time after having gotten one (some people without having gotten one).

If you're interested in the local secondhand market check out 28bike.com, or (so I am told) 852Riders on Facebook.

Good luck and see you on the trails!

4 years 10 months ago #3441 by StanleyJ

trek21 wrote: Hi guys,I'm new here and this my first time to ask a question on here so here it goes:
I've been eyeing this neat looking frame on the Chinese "ebay".It's seems like a true Kona product but in doubt about the price.I really love the geometry and it has a size that's ideal to me.But i'm not really familiar with the technicalities of the real stuff (if this is really a rip-off)
So I'm leaving a photo of the frame for you to see if this is genuine or not.Thanks in advance.:

img03.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/i3/15702144...XXXX_!!157021449.jpg

Please just copy the paste & go in your browser navigation box.

Crappy shock, lack of hydroformed tubes, it's a Horst-link rather than faux-bar... it's a knock-off. :P

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.459 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.