× Got a Question 疑難解答

Topic-icon Permit

6 years 2 weeks ago #2255

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Hello guys. My name is Miljan and I just arrived in HK. I am from Serbia and I will be staying in HK for the next 20 days. Since I am big mtb fan I would like to take the opportunity to visit and ride in some of the locations that are so nicely presented on your website. I read all the information regarding the trails and the obligatory permit to ride in the parks and I have question about that. Can I as a non Hong Kong resident apply for that permit or is it just for you guys since there is field in the form requiering the HK id number?

I am here with my wife who likes cycling but not so into hard mtb stuff, just lite offroad so she would accompany me on such routes.
    Also, we would need to rent bikes so if you could recommend where we could find decent bikes (deore leve hardtail with v brakes will do just fine) for the good price since we are on the tight budget it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 weeks ago #2258

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

• Thank you received: 16

• Hi, hope things aew well.

I am reasonably sure non-permanent residents can apply, otherwise we wouldn't have threads like the following:

www.hkmba.org/index.php?option=com_kunen...9&id=2033&Itemid=166

www.hkmba.org/index.php?option=com_kunen...9&id=2133&Itemid=166

Friendly Bike Shop on Lantau Island had a few sort of OK-looking entry-level hardtails with V Brakes available for rent when I dropped by there with my wife. I think it was HK$250 for the whole day for one of them. Maybe give them a call and see what they have.

Good luck and hope you enjoy your stay.

5 years 4 months ago #2800

• Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Hi! I'm new to HK as well and would like to learn about the riding here.

Since we're on the topic of the permits for guys like myself and Miljan (thread starter), I thought I'd post my question here.

I have a copy of the permit downloaded and I figure the fastest way should be to drop it off by hand. So how long is the approval process? Any other info on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

5 years 4 months ago #2804

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

• Thank you received: 8

• The fastest way is by fax. It takes about 3 to 5 business day.

5 years 4 months ago #2805

• Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Thanks!

Moderators: bikestevebrandon