× Got a Question 疑難解答

Topic-icon Second-hand MTB shops or more budget-priced options

5 years 9 months ago #2552

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Hello,

Can anyone recommend any shops in Hong Kong that sell 2nd hand MTB? I have checked out Flying Bull, Bull Bike, and the new Pro Bike Centre in TST. All those bikes are so very expensive. My budget for a MTB is around HK$4000 - $9500.

While these shops do have bikes in this price range, they offer more higher-end bikes. I would like to find shops that offer more in my budget range, and I would even consider second-hand.

Appreciate any advice!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #2554

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

• Thank you received: 8

• Suggest checking out online 2nd hand listing 28bike dot com.

You may find a reasonable deal on a 2nd hand hardtail within your budget, with a decent air fork, ready for offroad.

5 years 9 months ago #2555

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Thanks for the tip! Will check it out!

5 years 9 months ago #2556

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

• Thank you received: 16

• Secondhand is a good idea.

If you want a new bike, you can also check out Bicycle World in Wan Chai, which should have some lower-end Giant hardtails available.

On Kowloon side, I recall that a friend of mine bought a new, decent-looking Giant full-suspension rig (I think it was the Yukon FX2) for around HK$6500-7000 or so from a bike store near Shum Tseng. The rear-shock is own-brand, and some of the components were quite heavy (he has already upgraded the front shock to a Fox/Rockshox model) so unless you want a new FS bike for some reason, in that price range, probably better to get a HT or second-hand HT/FS.

Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by YW-Slayer.

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
    You are here: Home Forum 討論區 HKMBA Riders forum Got a Question 疑難解答 Second-hand MTB shops or more budget-priced options