× Got a Question 疑難解答

Topic-icon Traveller to Hong Kong looking for advice on MTB hiring and riding

5 years 11 months ago #2665

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Hi - I will be travelling through HK in a few weeks and will likely have a day availabe for riding. I'm looking for some guidance on hiring a reasonable quality XC Dually plus riding locations. I will be looking for an all day ride and my very basic understadning is that Lantau would offer the best option here. It's probably that I will be coming strainght of a flight as well so lantau looked appealing for this reason as well.

Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks

Damien

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #2666

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

• Thank you received: 16

• Sounds about right. If you are going from the airport then the easiest way is probably to take a Blue Taxi ( www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/trip-planner/transport-taxis.html ) from there to Mui Wo, where you can rent a bike from Friendly Bike Shop. You may want to call them and confirm that they will have a decent-quality XC FS ride to rent.

5 years 11 months ago #2667

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Fantastic - thx for the advice.

5 years 11 months ago #2668

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

• Not terribly familiar with Lantau myself so maybe others will have ideas, but you can also probably look into public transport to Mui Wo.

The other thing is that you should probably get an AFCD permit, but I am not entirely sure that this is workable based on what you describe. Perhaps someone else on the forum can help with this?

5 years 11 months ago #2669

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Thx again for the further info - are there any other alternative locations that you would suggest as alternatives where I could easily combine rental with riding?

I've read a little about the permit - I'll look into this or look for others input.

Thx again.

5 years 11 months ago #2670

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

• No really easy alternatives that I am aware of, particularly if you are looking for FS.

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
    You are here: Home Forum 討論區 HKMBA Riders forum Got a Question 疑難解答 Traveller to Hong Kong looking for advice on MTB hiring and riding