× Got a Question 疑難解答

Sport sunglasses w prescriptions

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #2671 by Aldrx
Wonder if someone can recommend a shop in HK where you can buy sport sunglasses where you also can put in prescription glasses? Know that brands like Rudy Project, Adidas, Nike, Oakley has such glasses, but where can you find them in HK? Have been asking at Lenscrafters and they do not have these type of glasses. This UK shop gives an idea of what I am meaning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #2674 by YW-Slayer
I have a pair of Rudy Project sunglasses with prescription lenses in them. I don't remember the model (I think it is a full-frame version of what looks like the current Kabrio Vista), but my eyesight is REALLY bad (something like -8.5, -7.5), so my choice of frames was limited. They are more for general use than sport, but in a pinch they are fine for MTBing, and definitely for driving. I think the amount of choices for lens colour and light transmission are also limited, although maybe this has changed and will be different for those of you with better eyesight.

I got them from Ocean Optical in Central, which is in the basement of the Standard Chartered Bank building ( www.infoguidehongkong.com/central-distri...-optical-co-ltd.html ). I think you can also consider Bolles. Check them out, but be warned that (just like with all prescription lenses) you will probably need to wait some time for the lenses to arrive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aldrx

6 years 3 months ago #2675 by Aldrx
Many thx for the tip! Work close by so I will pass bythe shop and have a look during the lunch hour.

6 years 3 months ago #2676 by ang
Similar to YW-Slayer & ah, X-men Cyclop, my cycling goggle consists of a regular goggle and a inner prescription lens as I dont wear contact lens.

These goggles / sport glasses are available in some of the optical shop around town.

Just make sure that you try them out coz you've to find one that fit your nose bridge, as well as checking whether the inner prescription lens is too close/far.

6 years 3 months ago #2677 by YW-Slayer
Actually I usually use contacts and sunglasses for full days out, but for casual rides I will use my prescription sunglasses.

Have been thinking about getting a pair of goggles, and maybe also a full-face helmet for fun (no doubt this will go down well with my wife).

6 years 3 months ago #2678 by ang
Full-face helmet? Planning to get a Downhill bike soon?

6 years 3 months ago #2679 by YW-Slayer
Nah, just for the heck of it. So maybe I shouldn't spend money on useless stuff... :D

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #3043 by YW-Slayer
Cool story bro. (Refering to bogus post selling rubbish that is now deleted - ToM)

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.464 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.