× Got a Question 疑難解答

New to HK, Dying to Ride!

6 years 3 weeks ago #2818 by YW-Slayer
Replied by YW-Slayer on topic New to HK, Dying to Ride!
Or to go to Whistler, even, with them. :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 3 weeks ago #2820 by ang
Replied by ang on topic New to HK, Dying to Ride!
boost,

Just happen I dont have to look after the kid this morning, I'm heading out to Dragon's Back. Left you a message just now.

6 years 3 weeks ago #2821 by enzoferrari
oh wow I am totally up for a day trip to Whislter, but I do need to be home for tea OK :silly:

more seriously , I have three boys ( 2 , 5 and 9 ) and they all have bikes. I regularly take them out to the local bike parks in Scotland as a 'investment' in future trail time. The two year old just has a 'balance' bike with no peddles, but last time out he did a 10Km green trail and loved it. In the next year or two the eldest will be up to speed , and most likely faster than me before he is 14!
Get them early, it is well worth it :)

6 years 3 weeks ago #2823 by YW-Slayer
Replied by YW-Slayer on topic New to HK, Dying to Ride!
I'd love to. We do need more than one PURE Green trail in HK, and one which should be a bit longer than 400-500m. Of course, that's the point of this website and all the advocacy.

6 years 3 weeks ago #2824 by StanleyJ
Replied by StanleyJ on topic New to HK, Dying to Ride!

enzoferrari wrote: oh wow I am totally up for a day trip to Whislter, but I do need to be home for tea OK :silly:

more seriously , I have three boys ( 2 , 5 and 9 ) and they all have bikes. I regularly take them out to the local bike parks in Scotland as a 'investment' in future trail time. The two year old just has a 'balance' bike with no peddles, but last time out he did a 10Km green trail and loved it. In the next year or two the eldest will be up to speed , and most likely faster than me before he is 14!
Get them early, it is well worth it :)

Clearly what's needed, is one of these (or longer!!):

forums.mtbr.com/tandem-mountain-bikes/29...ess-pics-410868.html

B) :whistle:

6 years 3 weeks ago #2825 by boost
Replied by boost on topic New to HK, Dying to Ride!

ang wrote: boost,

Just happen I dont have to look after the kid this morning, I'm heading out to Dragon's Back. Left you a message just now.

Hey ang, somehow I couldn't retrieve any message but even then last Saturday I arrived in HK at past 9am from a flight that took off from Mumbai at 3am HK time :blink: So I wouldn't have had the energy to go even if I wanted to.

I'm now in Tokyo but arriving Thursday. Hope I can ride by Saturday - meaning I hope I don't have any surprise 'Daddy Duties.' :) Let you know then.

6 years 1 week ago #2832 by boost
Replied by boost on topic New to HK, Dying to Ride!
Faxed my MTB permit application earlier this week...

IF the permit shows up in the mail by this evening, I'm up for my first ride on Sunday.

(keeping fingers crossed)

6 years 1 week ago #2833 by Jeff
Replied by Jeff on topic New to HK, Dying to Ride!
Turnaround time for permits tends to be longer for a week.

On the other hand, the chances of being checked for a permit is extraordinarily low.

6 years 1 week ago #2834 by ang
Replied by ang on topic New to HK, Dying to Ride!
boost,

Like Jeff said, dont worry about the permit.
Do you live near the Eastern Bicycle shop on Sai Wan Ho Street? Or I can meet you at the Sai Wan Ho station and we'll do a 2 km climb to the trail head.

6 years 1 week ago #2835 by tkalpha
Replied by tkalpha on topic New to HK, Dying to Ride!
what kind of long travel are you riding? this is enduro country so hardtails are going to be lacking in fun. my suggestion is to take the mtr or cab it to central ferry and then explore lamma or mui wo.

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.539 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.