× Got a Question 疑難解答

Topic-icon getting my bike from Shenzhen to HK?

4 years 2 months ago #3489

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Hi all.

i was wondering if anyone had advice on how to get a bike from shenzhen to HK (with minimal hassle)

Ferry? (this im not sure of as they are full size bikes and getting these around the border check points would be a nightmare.

Shenzhen wan? (now i know i can get the bike through the border check points as ive done it before but only for visa purposes. but how easy/difficult is it to get the bike across the bridge i.e bus/taxi/private car)

Train? (i have had the bike on the metro before but only during quiet times. as it gets busier the flatly refuse you onto the metro, and quite rightly so. i can only imagine what it would be like if they started allowing all to take bikes on during peak times....... chaos)

any suggestions are more that welcome (helicopter would prob be a bit expensive lol)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 months ago #3490

• Thank you received: 8

• Hi there,
    Lo Wu and Lo Ma Chau are easy borders out of rush hour, then remove your front wheel to legally take your bike on the MTR. Shenzhen Bay is easy also just jump on any number of buses heading to multiple HK destinations, you will likely have to remove both wheels to fit it underneath the bus.

I've done both many times, it's easy and usually hassle free out of rush hour times.

Steve

4 years 2 months ago #3491

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

• Thank you received:

• Hi Steve

thanks for the advice im thinking that lo wu would be the best option.

myself and 2 friends are heading to Mui Wo as its been recommended by a friend. but non of us have actually travelled to HK with bikes. lol

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
    You are here: Home Forum 討論區 HKMBA Riders forum Got a Question 疑難解答 getting my bike from Shenzhen to HK?