× Talking dirty 隨意發言

Bicycle World Sucks/Flying Ball Rocks

10 years 3 months ago #367 by BeardedBlunder
Replied by BeardedBlunder on topic Bicycle World Sucks/Flying Ball Rocks
This totally sucks!
Mlam i know your fustration

a bike is a bike no matter if its a shiny new full suspension or a 10 year old cluncker - its about being out on the bike - bike shops should encourage ALL bikers and be prepared to service any bike, ok for safeties sake they may suggest alterations as an old bikes geometry differs a lot from the new beasts but at the end of the day its about being out there on the bike and not looking at it

i have rode all of hk trails on my old hardtail singlespeed with 80mm of travel and enjoyed it just as much as when in ripping the trails on my full susser

bicycle world does have a reputation for being surly but i have always found jonathon freindly and helpful so what you say comes as a shock.

Thanks for posting your message and making everyone aware of your discontent, hopefully this kind of message will encourage the shop owners to realise where they are going wrong

FYI Zephyr isnt an administrator! but i am

cheers
BB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #366 by zephyr
Replied by zephyr on topic Bicycle World Sucks/Flying Ball Rocks
Dude, I can sense that you feel victimized and are losing sleep over the shock of it all. I really feel for you.

BTW, how did Jonathan react when you explained your frustrations with his service and knowledge? Did you follow it up by calling him a "total ass" to his face?

10 years 3 months ago #364 by mlam10023
Replied by mlam10023 on topic Bicycle World Sucks/Flying Ball Rocks
Zeff, you must be the administrator of this site. In that case you must have written somewhere that members are not allowed to voice their opinions here.
Then I apologize.

However, if I'm wrong and you're not the administrator, then simply don't listen to what I said and patronize Bicycle World to your heart's content.

But just out of curiosity, how would you feel if a store clerk not only gave you horrible service but also tried to cheat you and talked down to you as if you knew nothing?

For example:
I told him my brakes weren't working well and that I may need new pads since they were 10 years old. He took a cursory look at my brakes and said I probably wasn't braking correctly and went on about how most people didn't know how to brake and that the rubber in brake pads can stay within their operational limits for more than 10 years. And for the record, my pads were hard as rock at that point and I was having trouble getting enough friction braking down a hill.

I complained that my weight was too far forward when I was riding and it made it difficult for me to get over some of the larger obstacles. His immediate reaction was not to ask me some smart questions or to check my geometry with the bike, but to tell me that I didn't know how to ride.
Even if in both these instances, he was correct don't you think that a responsible salesman/store manager should really find out more before making certain conclusions?

I bought a pair of gloves from them, but managed to leave them at the store. When I visited them again a day later, I still wasn't aware that I had left them and they didn't mention the gloves. The third time I went back, I had remembered the gloves and mentioned it to Jonathan. He told me he knew exactly what I was talking about right off the bat and handed me the gloves. I immediately thought, ok this guy has my phone number, I was in here yesterday, so why didn't he call me or tell me before that I left the gloves at the shop?

Look these are only my own two cents. I'm just trying to offer others some advice based on my own unpleasant experience. Maybe if you go he'll treat you really great. If that's the case, then good for you.

Michael

10 years 3 months ago #363 by zephyr
Replied by zephyr on topic Bicycle World Sucks/Flying Ball Rocks
He didn't sell you a MiniBond did he?

That's a pretty harsh thing to say about anyone in a public forum. Apart from wasting your time with advice that you did not find helpful and trying to sell you a bike --- its a bikeshop! --- did he cheat you? or call you names?

Maybe he thought your "old bike" is just too old to handle the terrain in HK. Many young guys here have never seen a bike without decent suspension so he could have been trying to save your skin, so to speak.

Zeff

10 years 3 months ago #362 by mlam10023
Bicycle World Sucks/Flying Ball Rocks was created by mlam10023
I just got back into m-b recently and I took my old bike to Bicycle World in Wanchai for a service and some adjustments. The guy called Jonathan there was a total ass. He knows nothing about mountain biking, but acts like he's the Biking God of HK. When I asked for some adjustments to be done, he just went on and on about how I didn't know anything and that all was fine - of course he then said I should consider buying a new bike altogether. I then proceeded over to Flying Ball and the mechanic immediately asked me how I felt and gave me some very good suggestions. I decided on a new raised handlebar and a slight seat adjustment because I was feeling too stretched out to handle the technical stuff. On top of it the guys at Flying Ball were nice. I suggest that anyone needing a serious bike shop go to Flying Ball and stay away from Bicycle World.

You can quote me on this.

Michael Lam

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.386 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.