× On Yer Bike 尋找戰友

Weekend biking

10 years 7 months ago #1185 by samc
Replied by samc on topic Weekend biking
Hi Tom, Kenneth,

Thank you for all the information.

to resume on Hong KOng Island it is more running and road bikking until they decide to open the trail and I will MB on Lama and the Quarry

see you on the trail

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #1181 by tom
Replied by tom on topic Weekend biking
Sam,
Some sections of The HK trail would make an excellent beginner track if it they were legal to ride. The Hong Kong trail is literally in your backyard and if these sections were legal I would suggest that you ride up the hill and explore it where it joins Peel Rise and continue onto Wan Chai Gap Park. If it were legal I would also suggest that you should then ride up Black's Link. If Black's Link was legal to ride then I would suggest that you continue down to the Wong Nai Chung Gap trail and if that trail were legal then I would further advise you to continue on to Sir Cecil's Ride all the way out to Quarry Bay!! These trails, if they were legal would constitute some of the best flowing, beginner level mountain biking in Hong Kong.

It baffles me why the AFCD does not consider opening these trails since they are some of the best suited trails for the sport of MTB that HK has. 2 weeks ago I walked a good portion of this on a fresh Sun aft and only encountered 5 hikers! So why do they continue to ban bikes??

Since these trails are not legal for MTB then the nearest/best place where you can spin your wheels is Lamma and the Quarry in particular (see the trail guides). Once you have built up confidence then I would recommend graduating to Snake Path, the back passage, and then onto the trails surrounding project X, and then eventually climbing to the top of project X and descending down it.

10 years 7 months ago #1180 by kenneth
Replied by kenneth on topic Weekend biking
I think Tom will help you and I think the Lamma island which will be very suitable for you to start the riding again.

10 years 7 months ago #1179 by samc
Replied by samc on topic Weekend biking
Hi,

Just arrive in HK and I would to get some advise,
I haven t ride for few month look to restart slowly where should be the good trail for general trainning and not to technical? I am on Kennedy Town if you have some information to go to this trail that will be great.
Tks
@+
Sam

10 years 7 months ago #1172 by Tobi1981
Replied by Tobi1981 on topic Weekend biking
Hi Tom,

thanks a lot for your answer.

I will buy my new bike in January in Hong Kong and the shop you recommended looks quite perfect therefore.

Hope to see you in January on any trial ;-)

10 years 8 months ago #1167 by CafeRacer
Replied by CafeRacer on topic Weekend biking
sorry to break the thread guys - does anyone know how to contact the guys at HKMTB? I have emailed a number of times but not received a response?

10 years 8 months ago #1166 by tom
Replied by tom on topic Weekend biking
Hi Tobi,

Your new HK home is literally 200m from the edge of Tai Lam Country Park which has HK's best network of trails for all levels and kinds of riding. Have a look at our Trail Guides for more information on where the trails start and end.

You will definitely find a better deal in HK for a XT equipped hard tail. For riding around Tai Lam Country Park I would invest in at least a 4 inch full suspension since the an XC ride in Tai Lam CP can take you over all kinds of terrain. Flying Ball has the best selection of bike brands in HK ( www.flyingball.com/ ).?

10 years 8 months ago #1165 by Tobi1981
Replied by Tobi1981 on topic Weekend biking
Hi Guys,

i'll move to Hong Kong in January for at least two years. I'm from Germany and i ride here 3-4 times per week (about 3000km per year). Most time XC with DH parts.

Here are two few questions i have:
1.) I need a new bike and don't know if and where i can buy a good one (for a good price) in HK comparable to this one: www.canyon.com/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=1805
Maybe someone has a website or contact for me?

2.) I'll live in Tsuen Wan, 123 Castle Peak Road, are there some trials around? Or better is there someone who would like to ride with me (most time on weekends)

Looking foward to your answers!
Tobi

10 years 11 months ago #1076 by jamesvrau
Replied by jamesvrau on topic Weekend biking
Hey guys,

I'm looking for some people to train with. I ride in the Action Asia MTB races and am 4th. Next race I have to get down to 3rd or 2nd!

I live close to Shek O and wake up at 5:15 to train each morning. On weekdays I ride on road for fitness and then on weekends I get onto the trails to do the technical trails.

Plz drop me an email if you live close by to train in the mornings. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Regards

10 years 11 months ago #1041 by beniwong22
Replied by beniwong22 on topic Weekend biking
Hi anyone out there up for a ride? I ride mainly xc, all-mountain, and downhill, preference is downhill... I live on the peak and am always trying to find riders to go around hong kong, lantau, new territories etc with... please contact me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if anyone interested.

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.