× On Yer Bike 尋找戰友

Weekend biking

11 years 1 week ago #1039 by sgogabe
Replied by sgogabe on topic Weekend biking
I'm in HK July 25-29 with my Enduro, want to do a few rides. Live in taiwan. Never ridden here before. Give me a shout if you know of any medium-high fitness & high technical/long distance MTB rides that are organized. Advanced rider. Would LOVE to join others instead of finding the trails on my own. :) Gabe - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #1020 by bikesteve
Replied by bikesteve on topic Weekend biking
"when I opened up the repair kit they gave me to fix a flat, had given me a tube for a road bike tire"

-Ha, in HK you wouldn't even get the repair kit!

Possibly the best bikes for rent are from Mountain Bike Shop in Tung Chung, Lantau, www.sunnybike.com.hk mainly Giant ATX hardtails but with disc brakes. There about $100 a day I think. -Definately buy a tube, levers and a pump unless you fancy a long walk back..

I run "Crosscountry HK" a MTB ride & guide company, unfortunately i'm unable to offer rental only but I do have the Giant Anthems & a truck to get you to the best trails Tai Mo Shan & Tai Lam. -Drop me an email and i'll see what I can do.

11 years 1 month ago #1018 by bostonwoods
Weekend biking was created by bostonwoods
Hey guys,

I am working in HK for the summer (until August), and I would love to get out on a bike on the weekends! I am from Boston, Massachusetts, and I ride almost every day at home in the summer. I am into trail riding, XC, and sometimes downhill, but I do not know ANY of the trails here. I also do not have my bike with me.

So, I have some questions:
1) Where can I rent a GOOD mtb in HK, from people that know what they are doing with a mtb? (I prefer full suspension but not necessary. I ask this question because I went biking in Taiwan and the shop I rented my mtb from, when I opened up the repair kit they gave me to fix a flat, had given me a tube for a road bike tire...)

2) I am looking to go on some day rides on the weekends. Does anyone want to let me into their group or join up for a few Sat/Sun ride?

3) If I end up going on my own, where should I go? I have heard there are some trails that end up at beautiful beaches, etc. I'm just looking for some fun, beautiful rides and I know there must be plenty around here.

Thanks! I hope to see you on the trails.

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.