× On Yer Bike 尋找戰友

An Ozzie mountain biker visiting Hong Kong

10 years 9 months ago #1120 by frug
hey there everyone.

So, i'm on my way to HK!! I'll be there ready for riding on Monday 19th and Tues 20th. Is anyone up for a ride those 2 days?? Not sure if anyone has those days off. I have no idea where to ride, so i'm up for anything!! I've got my permit, so i can ride (thanks Steve).

I hear there is some good riding across a fairy somewhere. Can i take my bike on it?? if so, maybe meeting at the fairy could be a plan.

Anyway, i'm keen to ride anything, so just let me know.

Cheers
Doug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #1092 by kona
u should try hk trail in aberdeen country park go early or cops will catch u :S :lol: :lol: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :ohmy: :ohmy: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :side: :side: :side: :side: :woohoo: :blush: :dry: :) :) :( :( :( B) B)

10 years 10 months ago #1089 by bikesteve
Replied by bikesteve on topic An Ozzie mountain biker visiting Hong Kong
Re. Permit -No probs
Send me a private message with the below details and i'll apply for the permit:

Full Name
Home Address
-It's free and i'll pass it on to someone who will be riding with you nearer the time.

Public Transport here is famously bike un-friendly, you can get around this by buying a lightweight 'Bike bag' which will make the trains & buses more of an option. Depending on whose riding nearer the time and where you might be able to jump in a taxi van with a few other riders.

Steve

10 years 10 months ago #1088 by frug
Hey all.

Thanks all out you for your replys. I'm super keen to go riding when i'm there and i'll be sure to get in contact with you all closer to my arrivel.

The video was shot at my local trail. It's at a National Park, just out of Melbourne, called The You Yangs. One of the local MTB clubs is worknig ith the park ranger to make it a massive MTB park. They have heaps of XC rased there and they've just put in a National DH trail too. But it's wayy to crazy for me!

I'm in Honkas from 15th Oct to the 20th Oct. I won't hsve a car. What's public transport like there and bikes?? Also, do i need to get a Bike Park Permit?? I read something about it on this web site.

I'll keep you posted on my travels and hope I can ride with you when i'm in Honkas!!

Cheers
Doug

10 years 10 months ago #1087 by BeardedBlunder
Replied by BeardedBlunder on topic An Ozzie mountain biker visiting Hong Kong
cool vid dude

where is this?

we dont have anything quite so developed here in HK - the closest is Lamma where there is a group of riders out most weekends

keep us upto speed on your travel plans im sure we can get out for a spin
cheers
BB

10 years 10 months ago #1086 by bikesteve
Oh plenty of shops to, although prices are creeping up quiet a bit of late, should still be cheaper than Oz though in most cases.

10 years 10 months ago #1085 by bikesteve
Great stuff, if your here mid-week I might be able to get out with you, failing that there's a fair amount of XC riders that I can rally of a weekend, October's a good time as the weather's cooling down a fair bit.

Get in touch nearer the time,

Steve

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #1084 by frug
Hi there everyone.

I'm coming to Hong Kong and stayin in Sai Ying Pun for a week. I'm a really keen mountain biker and i'm looking for some fun trails and people to ride with while i'm there. Can anyone help?? Also, are there any bike shops I can visit while I'm there?? I have a full suspension bike and i love riding on trails.

I'm in Hong Kong in the middle of October. It's my last stop on my mountain biking holiday around the world.

Any suggestions would be sweet!!

Thankyou

Doug
Australia

P.S This is a little video of the trails we ride in Australia. Enjoy.

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.