× On Yer Bike 尋找戰友

Stanley Rider

9 years 7 months ago #1654 by psmith
Replied by psmith on topic Stanley Rider
Stanley rider,

I'm in Repulse Bay and ride south side trials and roads on weekdays at selective times. Also park nite rides.

P Smith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 4 days ago #1448 by clintonchong
Replied by clintonchong on topic Stanley Rider
Phycholist,

Thanks for the routes. I'll definitely check them out. I have a colleague who trains on his road bike in Lantau and he says it's awesome.

You are right about the terrible pollution on those roads that I ride on. I just follow my other MTB buddies and those are their regular routes.

Do you ride here in Stanley as well?

10 years 4 days ago #1447 by psycholist
Replied by psycholist on topic Stanley Rider
Hi Clinton,
Respect for planning and building towards your science park - science park circuit, BEFORE tackling the Buddha from Tung Chung, but IMHO, do your lungs a favour and forget about riding to Tsuen Wan, Tuen Mun, Yuen Long, Luk Keng and back to science park.
You'll look like a coal miner after a shift down the pit shaft before you've left Tuen Mun and you'll do your health no good in the process of building your fitness (not a good idea).

Instead i'd recommend just heading out to Tung Chung or Mui Wo and riding around Lantau away from the traffic as much as possible, building bigger and bigger loops, clock or anti-clockwise (just use your imagination and a map).

There's been so much concrete on the trails for years now that a pair of flat pedals or recessed cleat mtb shoes and pedals, and slick or semi slicks on your bike will be good to tackle most trails and concrete sections and steps on Lantau.

You should try Tung Chung, towards Sunny Bay, turning off right towards the path over the hill to the silvermine cave, down into Mui Wo, the coastal pipe along to Chi Ma Wan, any combination of routes to Pui O, on around to Shek Pik and then up and over or around (via Fan Lau) to Tai O. From there back up to the saddle and down to Shek Pike or upto the Buddha or around to Sham Wat and back to Tung Chung avoiding the buddha until later.

The riding is not without belching fumes and speeding bus and truck drivers but where is in HK?

Just avoid the health hazards of riding on the polluted and chocker full of belching trucks and buses roads in the NE and W, it's no fun, more of an ordeal than an accomplishment, but hey, just an opinion, feed your rat any way you want to.

Linking of roads and trails, and steps and paths everywhere is possible for an epic day out, it's just down to your imagination, although my favorite sufferfests that have left me suitably spent include both Lantau and trails N, E, and W of the Kowllon hills.

Have fun but think of your lungs.

10 years 1 week ago #1446 by clintonchong
Replied by clintonchong on topic Stanley Rider
I ride a MTB with slicks to train now. Getting my weight down so that I can ride a road bike by next year. When time and weather permits, I also drive to Ma On Shan and ride to Tai Po to train speed and cadence on weeknights.

During holidays or weekends, I usually do a loop from the Science Park - Luk Keng- Fanling - Tai Po - Science Park (around 50km only).

Training now to complete the big round (Science Park-Tai Mo Shan-Tsuen Wan-Tuen Mun-Yuen Long-Sheung Shui-Fanling-Luk Keng-Tai Mei Tuk-Tai Po-Science Park).

Science Park is my starting point because I park there.

Once I conquer the big loop...I'm going to tackle the Big Buddha in Lantau from Tung Chung.

10 years 1 week ago #1445 by panadol
Replied by panadol on topic Stanley Rider
Hi

May I ask , u ride road bike or mtb ?

thanks
B)

10 years 1 month ago #1435 by clintonchong
Stanley Rider was created by clintonchong
I live in Stanley and regularly train in Stanley/Shek O on weekday evenings. If the weather is good and I can wake up at 6am, I also ride. Anyone in Stanley area who are interested to ride regularly? I like to train up hills to get fit.

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.