× On Yer Bike 尋找戰友

Does anyone will go to lamma Island on 13/3 sun?

9 years 8 months ago #1731 by tom
Hey Guys, Project X is quite literally in my back yard. The trails are mostly single track and in many cases you can ride the trails in both directions but often you will end up preferring to go in one direction. Cable road is never far way and there are numerous access points from it. Sadly, nothing is very well marked. But once on the main trails you should not get too far lost because the MTB trails have all been cut back of last summers growth.

Here is a really bad attempt at a map. Its a satellite photo that I have drawn lines on to give you an idea what is here and where. Note that I have put directional arrows to show you the where only one direction is workable and where you can go back and forth.

www.hkmba.org/public/project%20x%20and%2...0-%20marked%20up.JPG

Like hills everywhere else in HK. you will see graves and in a handful of cases the trail goes within a few feet. Always ride through these areas carefully and quietly.

Tai Peng is the natural starting point for a day out. We often meet at the Regent shop and replenish our reserves. From here the popular route is to cut off Cable road about 50m up on the right from Tai Peng and head towards the grave yard entrance at the top of a new concrete path. From here ride to the Lamma Enduro start finish area and then do dog house loop (or half of it) then head up Pak Kok Shan to the top of project X. From here you can do the downhill or head back down the way you came up. Meet either at Cable Road or the start/finish area. There is now a shortcut near the bottom of the DH that is much easier than decending all the way down because its a tough climb out!

From here head towards Juliens playground and the windmill to do back passage or a few runs of the fun and gnarley Snakes Tail which has some sizeable jumps so ride around these if you are not up for that. Back Passage ends at the windmill so stop for a few drinks (not always open) then take snake path to the quarry. If you do not feel like riding Snake Path back to Yung Shue Wan then take the concrete tourist trail [this can be extremely busy on weekends].

Anyway,that is just a suggested first pass on Lamma. Feel free to combine sections in ways that you enjoy the most.

In Yung Shue Wan - eat, drink and be merry!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #1730 by rmj
Hi, I've been going to Lamma the last few Sundays for a few laps of the project X loop I can show you where it is if you want, it's quite technical and tricky in places though, when you say beginners how much experience are we talking? What ferry are you aiming for?

J
Attachments:

9 years 8 months ago #1728 by paulckc2004
Replied by paulckc2004 on topic Does anyone will go to lamma Island on 13/3 sun?
we will hire a van from tuen mun to TST

9 years 8 months ago #1727 by paulckc2004
Replied by paulckc2004 on topic Does anyone will go to lamma Island on 13/3 sun?
This is our first time to lamma island. We have some beginner riders. You can join us at the central terminal 4

9 years 8 months ago #1725 by ang
Is the Lamma trail suitable for beginner?

9 years 8 months ago #1724 by paulckc2004
Does anyone will go to lamma Island on 13/3 sun? We have 4 or 5 riders.

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.