× On Yer Bike 尋找戰友

New to MTBing

9 years 2 months ago #2064 by jezblanchard
Replied by jezblanchard on topic New to MTBing
if you are new to MTB a carbon frame could be a pricy start as they are not so dent resistent from what I knew. HK is quite a technical trail environment on the whole.

Re Angs trail comment, there is a great "non open trail" that you can walk or what ever called Lady Clementis Ride. Ask around, I am sure its been "used" many times.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #1985 by sathish
Replied by sathish on topic New to MTBing
Hi Kevin
Im a week night rider too , living in Sai Ying Pun, i don't know much about the Cannondale bike , im looking for some one in HK side to ride together

i use to ride up to mount davis, if interested give me a call at 62794664 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Sats.

9 years 2 months ago #1982 by YW-Slayer
Replied by YW-Slayer on topic New to MTBing
I'm not that familiar with the Cannondales. But if you live on HK island, probably better (IME) to deal with a bike shop on HK island. AFAIK Cannondales are only sold by Flying Ball, which is quite far off.

The "serious" bike shops that I know of on HK island are Sky Blue (mainly Trek but with some other brands too), Bicycle World (mainly Giant but with some Trek and Specialized) and HK Bicycle (hkbicycle.com.hk - mainly Scott I think?).

9 years 2 months ago #1980 by ang
Replied by ang on topic New to MTBing
If you drive, you can try the Dragon's Back, the only official trail on HK Island.
http://www.hkmba.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58&Itemid=66

9 years 2 months ago #1979 by kevamicki
New to MTBing was created by kevamicki
Hi all

I am new to the mountain biking scene. I used to ride road bikes overseas but find HK roads too narrow where I am, so I am considering to get a mountain bike and starting with rides around my area (Pokfulam) during weeknights and something a bit more exciting during the weekend.

I have not done extensive research, but I like the idea of the Cannondale Scalpel 3, as I have always wanted a Cannondale road bike, and could do with a carbon frame.

I would be grateful if there are more seasoned bikers out there who might be able to tell me whether its a good choice or whether I should consider alternatives, if so, then what for a beginner.

Next question would be whether there are other newbies out there who are interested in training / sharing tips together.

Much appreciated

Kevin

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.