× On Yer Bike 尋找戰友

Cycling HK

9 years 2 months ago #2006 by cmrit76
Replied by cmrit76 on topic Cycling HK
Hi,

thank for your reply.
I'm used to ride the MTB, in the past i had also some races, but in my country of birth is easier to ride off road, in 10min of road i can be already in the woods.
My main concern was that could be difficult to move around HK but in this website i saw that is easy to arrange also a van so i'm seriously thinking to buy my personal bike, just to find how to keep it in my tiny flat!
Even to take a lesson could be a good idea just to understand better how to move.
Better that i ask for the mtb application in the meantime

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #2004 by YW-Slayer
Replied by YW-Slayer on topic Cycling HK
Yup, I live on the island. It's a good idea to buy an MTB and get out onto the trails. My main problem is lack of time, so I usually only manage to go off-road once every 3-4(!!) months.

If you're not used to riding off-road it may be a good idea to go with someone who knows the trail well, and/or even to attend one of bikesteve's classes. In fact maybe you should just attend one of them so that you can see if MTBing is for you without having to buy a bike.

9 years 2 months ago #1984 by cmrit76
Cycling HK was created by cmrit76
Hi guys,

i'm leaving in HK almost from 3years and now i need and want to restart to ride a bike. Maybe is because in my lasy August holiday, i ride my bicycle after 2 years and now i'm missing a lot it!
I'm used to ride even road bicycle than MTB, but i think that can be bit dangerous cycling on the road and MTB could be more paceful and more close to the enviroment.
I'm living on the island and checking on this very good and useful website i saw that practising MTB is not so easy, at least you have not some neighbors to share a taxi van or you are limited to Lantau island by ferry.
Anybody is living in the island and can give me a feedback that buying a MTB is fine?

Many thanks

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.