× On Yer Bike 尋找戰友

New to MTB, looking to try out some easier trails

8 years 9 months ago #2376 by roger
There are no easy trails in HK.

I suggest you taxi to top of Tai Mo Shan, ride thru park gate and along road to Tai Lam res. this gives you a good look round the views of the park and all the other trails. then ride out along reservoir trail to gold coast and pedal back to kowloon along castle peak rd. Not easy but good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago #2301 by YW-Slayer
Aim this Sunday is to do the Shek O ride REALLY early - say 7 or 8am. Then I can transfer my hardtail to my friend.

8 years 10 months ago #2298 by ang
No problem, there are other weekend group rides to Tai Lam reservoir and Tai Mo Shan/Ho Pui and so on. Just check out the forum.

However, my riding time is only Sunday morning so there is not enough time to join the Tai Lam/Tai Mo Shan trip.

8 years 10 months ago #2295 by raadickhk
Thanks very much for the invite, Ang! :cheer:
However, I can't make it on Sunday.. :( When would you be going next? Or will you be going on any other near future mtb treks that would be good for my level?

I am on Kowloon-side, Slayer, so will check out Tai Lam Chung reservoir loop sometime!

8 years 10 months ago #2292 by YW-Slayer
Agree with ang, this is a decent ride, and you can also try the ridge trail if your technique improves.

However, if you are on Kowloon-side I recommend the Tai Lam Chung reservoir loop.

Not sure I can make this Sunday, but look forward to our next outing ang.

8 years 10 months ago #2291 by ang
Hey Ryan,

You can try the Dragon's Back trail contour path. It's short enough for beginner to try out different obstacles such as rock garden/tree root/flat pack/stream crossing and it is located close to MTR station (10 min drive, 30 min cycling).

Dragon's Back:
http://www.hkmba.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58&Itemid=66

Pls note that you're required to take off the front wheel when taking the bike with you on the MTR trains.

If you drive, just park on the parking spots on the small road leading to the prison.

I go there on Sunday morning. For the coming Sunday 29 Jan, you can join me at Heng Fa Chuen MTR McDonald at 08:30. Or you can wait for me at the trail head at 09:15.

Let me know if you're joining and I'll wait for you.

8 years 10 months ago #2290 by raadickhk
Anyone else looking for riding partners? I've never mountain biked before, but cycling comes natural enough to me.

Weekends are best.

Cheers!
-Ryan

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.