× On Yer Bike 尋找戰友

Riding Buddies

5 years 9 months ago #3100 by Pk101
Replied by Pk101 on topic Riding Buddies
I would have been going but found my shifter is broken and now in the bike shop.

Glad I found it before I was on the trail.

Loads of guys there every weekend if you dont find anybody from this forum.

Have a good one!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #3099 by YW-Slayer
Replied by YW-Slayer on topic Riding Buddies
There are quite a few who go there regularly. I really would like to go this Saturday, but there are a few other things that I need to do, unfortunately!

5 years 10 months ago #3098 by stevencsmithhk
Replied by stevencsmithhk on topic Riding Buddies
Is anyone interested in going to Tai Mo Shan this saturday? Im curious to find out if there are any groups of bikers that go there regularly, and I really want to start going out more. But if no one has planned anything, feel free to come with me (to explore the trails). I've never been there before, but from the youtube videos that I have seen it looks like a great time!

5 years 10 months ago #3092 by Pk101
Cool, will give you a shout tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers!!!

5 years 10 months ago #3091 by Footer
Replied by Footer on topic Riding Buddies
I can catch the 9am Ferry and be there about 10. Let's confirm tomorrow. My direct email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and my mobile is 9479 9001.

5 years 10 months ago #3090 by Pk101
Lantau is ok but I will have to park in Tung Chung and either meet you at MTR there or Mui Wo depending on how you are getting there.

5 years 10 months ago #3089 by Footer
Replied by Footer on topic Riding Buddies
PK would a ride on Lantau be convenient for you? If not i will figure out which way is best for me to get to Tai Mo Shan.

Footer

5 years 10 months ago #3088 by Pk101
If you cant share a van and can make it to Tsuen Wan MTR I can pick you up on the way.

Let me know if cant get any transport sorted.

5 years 10 months ago #3087 by YW-Slayer
Replied by YW-Slayer on topic Riding Buddies
I'm only free on Saturdays now (and even then, that's rare) due to someone taking up all of Sunday!

If it'll be a pain making it to Tai Lam, then I would suggest Lamma or Lantau (along the coast then Chi Ma Wan), both of which are reachable via ferry from Central. After all, it takes about the same amount of time (40 minutes) to get to Tai Lam Chung/Twisk anyway by car!

If I do ever get another chance to ride I'll mention it, though, live in the mid-levels too and can take another bike along by car.

5 years 10 months ago #3086 by StanleyJ
Replied by StanleyJ on topic Riding Buddies

Footer wrote: I can ride at anytime. Don't want to go too early but can also go anywhere as long as I can figure out the transportation part.

If you're at the Mid-Levels, then the nearest decent trails will be Project X at Lamma Island ... just get yourself (ride) to the Central Ferry pier and hop on the Lamma Island ferry.

Otherwise, it'll be the massive Tai Lam network, and there are a few entrance points, depending what skill level you're at... and changes which would be the best way to get on to the trails. However in general, you can take the Tung Chung line MTR from Hong Kong Station and change for the West Rail line at Nam Cheong.

If you want to ride the easiest Tai Lam Reservoir loop, get off at Tsuen Wan West and ride (or take taxi) to Sui Lam open prison (past Tai Lam Cheung Tsuen): goo.gl/maps/7bjVY ... do the trail in a clock-wise direction. It's a bit hike-a-bike at first, however once on to the flat stuff, the trail flows nicely. You can ride it in reverse to go back out... or head on the (boring) concrete road on the other wise of the reservoir back to Sui Lam.

From Tsuen Wan West, you can also get up to the top of Route Twisk (Tsuen-Kam Gung Lo) for the Ho Pui DH trail... that's a "bit" rough and extreme though, with some nasty stream crossings: goo.gl/maps/PGBsq

One stop further to Kam Sheung Road station, you can ride into Ho Pui village (this bit is flat road!): goo.gl/maps/u2nT6

And one in the village go up to Ho Pui Reservoir where you can do the reservoir loop clockwise or ride along Ho Pui Pass that takes you into the far side of Tai Lam Reservoir: hkmba.org/index.php/trail/tai-mo-shan/ho-pui-reservoir

I will be out riding Sunday, however have a female friend in tow... so would be rather ploddy and slow. Any others in for the ride might get a bit bored. ;) Will start around 1~2pm from Ho Pui village, up to the reservoir, along Ho Pui pass then an out-and-back run of Tai Lam Reservoir trail: www.mapmyfitness.com/workout/218293762 :evil:

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.476 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.