× On Yer Bike 尋找戰友

Riding Buddies

5 years 10 months ago #3084 by Footer
Replied by Footer on topic Riding Buddies
I can ride at anytime. Don't want to go too early but can also go anywhere as long as I can figure out the transportation part.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #3083 by Pk101
Replied by Pk101 on topic Riding Buddies

Footer wrote: Anyone up for a ride on Sunday the 4th? Tai Mo Sham? I aminMid Levels. We could hire a van to take us over and wait. Let's hear it.

Hey Footer,
I dont normally ride on sundays but been busy this week, what time you thinking of starting?

I will be coming from Tai Po, so cannot share a van.

Cheers
PK

5 years 10 months ago #3082 by Footer
Replied by Footer on topic Riding Buddies
Anyone up for a ride on Sunday the 4th? Tai Mo Sham? I aminMid Levels. We could hire a van to take us over and wait. Let's hear it.

5 years 10 months ago #3075 by StanleyJ
Replied by StanleyJ on topic Riding Buddies

Pk101 wrote: I would never do it alone, probably never :unsure: although I would add that the AFCD code does say "please" and thats says to me it leave's it up to the individual to be responsible and make the right decision.

Big THANK YOU to StanlyJ, had a great day yesterday in Tai Lam. What was it 40 km on trails.

Bit like night-hiking... I'm of the view it's okay with adequate lights. If the AFCD are worried people having an accident at night and not being "found", that can just as well happen during broad daylight. I see at least a group of bikers every night coming out of Ho Pui... sometimes roadies, sometimes MTBers.

As for the ride yesterday, no worries PK. I'm pretty whacked from it still... according to the GPS it was 43km in total... and a guestimate of about 30km of pure trail. Ouch!

5 years 10 months ago #3073 by Pk101

YW-Slayer wrote: What I mean is that my friend has mentioned to me that riding in a country park in the evening can be interesting. Of course, one cannot condone doing so "after dark" since Condition 5 of the AFCD's "Code of Mountain Biking" states "Mountain bike trail/site is only suitable for use in day time, please “DO NOT” ride on mountain bike trail/site after dark".

I would never do it alone, probably never :unsure: although I would add that the AFCD code does say "please" and thats says to me it leave's it up to the individual to be responsible and make the right decision.

Big THANK YOU to StanlyJ, had a great day yesterday in Tai Lam. What was it 40 km on trails.

5 years 10 months ago #3066 by YW-Slayer
Replied by YW-Slayer on topic Riding Buddies
What I mean is that my friend has mentioned to me that riding in a country park in the evening can be interesting. Of course, one cannot condone doing so "after dark" since Condition 5 of the AFCD's "Code of Mountain Biking" states "Mountain bike trail/site is only suitable for use in day time, please “DO NOT” ride on mountain bike trail/site after dark".

5 years 10 months ago #3065 by Pk101
Kind of knew it was a long shot.

Do you mean " evening" rides, as in with the opposite sex or another form of mtb activities....if its the latter I could be persuaded ;)

5 years 10 months ago #3064 by YW-Slayer
Replied by YW-Slayer on topic Riding Buddies
Would love to join, but I think mid-week daytime is out of reach for me (as it is for most people).

"Evening" rides can be good fun.

5 years 10 months ago #3063 by Pk101
Great, sounds like a plan!

Sent you an email

5 years 10 months ago #3062 by StanleyJ
Replied by StanleyJ on topic Riding Buddies
Good olde HM!

How about this then... come over to Ho Pui village with your car+bike Monday morning (~10am?), you can park the car at my place, share a van up to Route Twisk, find HM and help out a bit, then ride out back to Ho Pui... perhaps with a few cheeky goes on the new trail. Can do a little detour back up to Tin Fu Tsai on the way down going round Ho Pui Reservoir. Easily back home before dinner.

As for messaging... I think if you visit the user profile page... it is still possible to send an email from that?

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 0.476 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.