× Events 大型活動

Mass Ride at HK Biennale

8 years 9 months ago #1270 by wheeliefine
Replied by wheeliefine on topic Mass Ride at HK Biennale
Actually, you are in luck. There is a bicycle hire kiosk right at the Biennale site! (I believe it's still there and open.) Of course, most of the bikes are meant for taking on a short trip around the park; not MTB quality but ridable.

The other place I know of is New World Bicycle in Kowloon City. It’s on Carpenter Road, opposite the cycling park (tel 2382 0618). Dead cheap of course and the staff are very friendly, but again you need to check brakes, gears, cranks etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #1269 by StanleyJ
Replied by StanleyJ on topic Mass Ride at HK Biennale
I'd join you guys but where on earth can I hire a bike which I can then ride in West Kowloon? And considering when the event finishes... it'd have to be an overnight hire or the bike rental places to arrange pick-up at West Kowloon?

Actually that is a point, anyone will (with help with local bike hire places) to get a load of bikes which people can make use of on the spot (or "book" in advance)? I recall someone doing something similar for the 2008 HK Waterfront Ride...

8 years 9 months ago #1268 by wheeliefine
Mass Ride at HK Biennale was created by wheeliefine
This Saturday there will be a mass bike ride and gathering to help close the Hong Kong Biennale of Architecture and Urbanism at the site of the future West Kowloon cultural district.

For the last three months, the Biennale has hosted a blaze of cultural and community activity: workshops, installations, and forward-looking events of all kinds, challenging us to think about how we want our city to be: in art, urban design, architecture, performing arts and our social environment.

Cycling and human power have featured strongly, with the pedal-powered stage a big success.

As a cyclist, you are now invited to "Bring Your Own Bike" (or rent/borrow one) to highlight the important issues of social sustainability, cultural education and community participation that the Biennale is championing.

We will ride together around the site, and show that bikes have a starring role in the future of Hong Kong.
Supported by TWOnFRO , Stijncycles , Hong Kong Cycling Alliance , Hong Kong Critical Mass , HK Strida , Flwrider , HKCI.net and others. (I guess, since Tom asked me to post this here, we can say it has HKMBA support too!)

Timeline – Saturday 27 February
  • Afternoon - Various group cycle rides, including:
    3.30pm Critical Mass ride around Kowloon (everyone welcome), starts at TST clock tower
  • 5.30pm Meet at the main pavilion, for Biennale closing reception (just go to West Kowloon reclamation - you can't miss it!)
  • 6.00pm Mass ride along West Kowloon waterfront
  • 7.00 – 10.30pm Music concert, refreshments
  • See you there!

This invitation comes to you from
    Hong Kong Cycling Alliance
    Working to make Hong Kong a better place for cyclists and for cycling

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
    Time to create page: 0.408 seconds
    © Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.