× Events 大型活動

Trail Building Workshop - Tai Lam CP - Jan 2012

6 years 9 months ago #2470 by Jet_603
Rob, Steve, Malcom, HM and a whole bunch of guys at the trail build today, thanks for the opportunity to contribute to the new trail. It was by chance as it was my first ride in TMS and thanks to Sam (from AFCD) was invited to take part. Pity I missed the opening but would be looking forward to ride it soon. :)

Jason

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #2427 by StanleyJ
Just saw the update on the from page... nice work guys! Hopefully should be able to stop by Monday afternoon and check it out! :woohoo:

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #2378 by roger
I have seen afcd staff resting in picnic area at lunch time and i suppose they been finishing off the new trail.

Update.
They have found Hornet and will probably destroy it so that's 2 fun trails biting the dust, the first being the original Tinman. :(

6 years 10 months ago #2333 by lagerkranser
Replied by lagerkranser on topic Trail Building Workshop - Tai Lam CP - Jan 2012
Hi, any more updates on how far along this trail is now?

6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #2287 by donkeyman
Replied by donkeyman on topic Trail Building Workshop - Tai Lam CP - Jan 2012
I had a quick look at the trail today. They are almost at the fire look out. For those at the dig last Sunday, it seems they have progressed a couple hundred metres from where we finished up.

6 years 10 months ago #2281 by donkeyman
Replied by donkeyman on topic Trail Building Workshop - Tai Lam CP - Jan 2012
Hi,

I was at the dig with Tom and afterwards I managed to have a good chat with the AFCD officials who are behind this project. Let me say they are just as enthusiastic as we are and I implore people to support initiatives such as this. The AFCD officials have gone out of their way to build this trail PROPERLY and one of the senior guys has even bought a bike recently to learn more about the sport.

At the moment, they have a small number of construction workers on this project. They expect it to be completed in late February and early March. The plan is to get it done before the rainy season so they can see how well the trail holds up after heavy rain.

I had a great time on Sunday, got to catch up with friends and make some new ones. If groups such as HKMBA can continue to show real support like this, it gives the AFCD much more incentive to create new trails and improve the ones we already have.

6 years 10 months ago #2280 by econbus
Any more work planned on it in the near future to finish it off?

6 years 10 months ago #2279 by bikesteve
Replied by bikesteve on topic Trail Building Workshop - Tai Lam CP - Jan 2012
Yes it can be ridden both ways, the idea will be to open this stage as soon as its finished whilst the work is carried out on the rest of Tin Man (which may take some months).
Although there is a rise steadily up to the lookout its really not that noticable as the trail is full of rolling curves that continually rise and drop. Great fun!

6 years 10 months ago #2278 by econbus
Could it be ridden backwards from the Fire Lookout and linked up with the Hornet?

6 years 10 months ago #2277 by tom
I was up there yesterday digging and and managed to get a snapshot of the route map. I believe we are at the last switch back before the end (75% of the way from the picnic area). It will join the the existing Tin Man (blue line) about 150m down from the fire lookout.

Rain was not too much of a problem and I did not hear a single complaint about it from the 25+ people who were digging. Everyone seemed very motivated playing an important part in building a special trail.

Attachments:

Moderators: bikestevebrandon
Time to create page: 1.244 seconds
© Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association. All Rights Reserved.